“Batman and ramen”
Review of Ramen Tatsu-Ya

Ramen Tatsu-Ya
Ranked #118 of 3,829 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Ramen Tatsu-ya is a quick service ramen restaurant. We serve authentic ramen in the heart of Austin, TX.
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Place was an awesome experience line went out the door but once we ordered food got to you in five minutes.we went during lunch so it wasn't too crowded but the only draw back was there wasn't a big variety to choose on noodles. Food was great employees were fast and inviting will definitely come back for dinner when I'm back in town

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I was surprised to see the bland reviews here on TA. This is one of hands-down my favorite meals of all time - easily top 5. The ramen they make here is the best I've had in the U.S. (haven't been to Japan yet). I'm not alone - this place is PACKED every night of the week, and Bon Appetit magazine recently listed is as one of the top 50 new restaurants. If you don't want to have to wait in a line that snakes around the building, I recommend getting there by 5:30 on a weeknight. There is usually already a line when it opens at 5pm for dinner on Saturday and Sunday. The menu is succinct, but since when is that a bad thing? There are 4-5 choices for ramen, and the appetizer menu is also great. I've had the goyzu, the slider, and the yodas. All three are solid, but the slider stands out to me as the most interesting - a crispy, fried burger served with artisian potato salad. The yodas are the brussel sprouts in honey/asian sauce, which are amazing as well. TA is usually my standard for accurate reviews and I'm disappointed that in this case, Ramen Tatsu-Ya isn't reflecting that. A couple of things to note: they are really not set up to accommodate large groups - more than 4 people will wait even longer than most; they don't exactly cater to young kids but older/adventurous eaters will be fine; it's a quick meal - you *could* wait longer than it takes to eat. There beverage selection is interesting - mexican coke and topo chico are always the sign of the restaurant that knows what they are doing IMO, but there are also Japanese beers and canned coffee and some other crazy things.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We went to this ramen place after hearing rave reviews. First of all, if their evening menu isn't MUCH better they should go ahead a shutter this place. The noodles were really no better than what I've been served on overseas flights. The broth was really bland and the pork belly had been cooked to DEATH . . . both figuratively and literally. I'm all about supporting local business, but this just wasn't good and the price of $9 per bowl was crazy! There are many other choices for an excellent lunch and/or dinner in this same center . . . so go there. Big disappointment.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Forget about sushi.. Ramen is the way to go..
I tried Ramen Tatsu-Ya before visiting Japan this year. I wanted to see how this place fairs against the ramen shops in Japan and believe me Ramen Tatsu-Ya is good as the shops in Japan if not better.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Had lunch here and had a good time. There was only one choice on the limited lunch menu Ol Skool, shoyu ramen. It was good, though a little salty. They offered additional goodies, but I got the standard model that came with some meat roll, green onions, half an egg, and some other veggies. I had a coke with the the meal and it went well surprisingly.