“Clean, nice decor, a pleasant surprise!”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Downtown North
Ranked #139 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Our family booked a stay at the Rodeway Inn & Suites downtown. We were very pleased with the rooms. They we're very clean and the decor was awesome. Even though it is on the highway, our rooms were very quiet and peaceful. We had 3 rooms and everyone was pleased with their accommodations and the price was great! The outside is not fancy but they keep it clean and since we wanted to spend our money on things besides a room we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Judyj55

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I chose this place based on reviews from fellow TripAdvisor's. I was not unhappy with my choice. Keeping in mind this is a budget hotel. However, the breakfast options were more than limited. They had pastries a cereal, which is good. But, unfortunately getting coffee was a major issue. The main bet was out of order, but the replacement mini brewer just couldn't keep up with the high demand. So that was a slight disappointment, but they were trying! The containers for the milk need real cleaning. As well as the pool. But that is the extent of the downside. The rooms were clean and very quiet. The bike rally was intown, but it was not difficult to keep sound sleep. Some where staying at the hotel and unless you were thin admiring bikes the next morning yen wouldn't know they were there! This place is close enough to downtown without the crowds and noise. I had the pleasure of speaking with the new manager, Elise, upon my checkout. She was a delight to talk to and was just one more I want to move reason to Austin meeting down to earth honest people. She has great plans for this place stay and will most likely on our future visits!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2014

My husband and I booked a room in the Rodeway Inn @ 6201 E. Hwy. 290 in Austin, Texas and were pleasantly surprised. The room was spacious, the bed very comfortable with a fluffy duvet cover, very clean, flat screen TV, nice bathroom with a granite top vanity. The AC worked great and there was no problem parking. We very much liked the warm reception we received from Jay, the manager. We will stay there again if we go back to Austin and most definitely can recommend it. The room rate was also very reasonable.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor in a corner room, just up the stairs on the right. No noise. We di...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Julbar
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

I only stayed for the one night however Eloise on reception made my stay more enjoyable. Eloise, clearly enjoys her job as it comes across when she is speaking and was so helpful during my one night here.

The is a small shopping centre, a 10 minute walk from the motel.

The only thing, I could be negative about is that it should on their hotel vouchers and websites that u need to take the Cameron exit off the 290 E. Freeway. I spent an hour and 5 times trying to work out how to get into the motel - I was quite stressed when I finally arrived, especially when it was my first time driving in the states.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank JLS_Australia
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This is a hidden gem if you need only a clean and relatively quiet place to stay within driving of downtown sites. We missed our egress to the access road, but looped around and found it. The highway interchanges are 'like a bowl of spaghetti' here, but once you've found things you'll feel right at home. The service is excellent, and like others we met Jay as we arrived. You may need to ask for towels if more than one person is staying in the room. The rooms are updated inside and while some of the fixtures are dated, it was still a clean place to be.

The restaurant has some amazing prices for some authentic Mexican breakfast options. I recommend trying the food there if for nothing other than the experience of being inside this domed building structure.

I was worried when I saw construction workers hanging out in the parking lot after a long day at work, but I slept soundly without being awakened on the first floor. We will consider this option again when travelling to Austin on a budget.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room away from the pool and freeway. I cannot speak for the other rooms. We we...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2014

The hotel was clean and staff very friendly. The outdoor pool was nice to relax after an all day of meetings with clients. The staff always had my room cleaned each day by the time I returned. On the last day the manager even started breakfast early just for me since I had an early flight back home. Good service and nice clean hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Joe C
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nice clean room. Reasonably priced. Right off I-35. Only a short drive to downtown (ie: 6th st)

Best thing about our stay was the staff, specifically, Jay (the GM). When we arrived at check-in I casually mentioned not wanting to climb steps (my husband and I have mobility issues). Jay immediately offered to change our room to a first floor at no extra charge. After only minutes he had a room ready for us. Later, he checked in on us to make sure everything was adequate. The following day he checked with us again to see how things were going.
When we were checking out on the third day he, and the whole staff, thanked us for staying there and made us seem like royalty.
We will definitely stay there next time we are in Austin.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple