“Clean, Reasonably Priced and Value for Money”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Downtown North
Ranked #128 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Perth, Australia
“Clean, Reasonably Priced and Value for Money”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Hotel was close to town and good value for money. Biggest issue for us is it was in a "black hole" in our GPS and took us two hours driving the area to find it. Many times returning home we had the same problem.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rocknroller_13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed the weekend for the Psych Festival in Austin, and we decided on this hotel based on the reviews on tripadvisor.

We were greeted by Jay when we arrived who was very friendly and hospitable to us. The lobby was tastefully decorated and clean. He took care of us-- answered our questions and went above and beyond to see to our comfort (dropped by with extra towels without asking).

Our room was amazing, considering the price. Modern looking yet comfortable. Very clean and the mattress was firm, which is always a plus. We enjoyed our stay so much, we're making this hotel our go to place whenever we're in town.

You will not be disappointed should you choose this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed May 2, 2014

While visiting some friends in Austin to purchase an apartment, I happened to have the pleasure of lodging at the Rodeway Inn & Suites in Downtown North from April 13th to the 20th. (One week)

My name is Kayla, and I currently work at two hotels in Florida, and have been studying Hospitality for a while now. My father has also worked in hotels most of his life. I know a little about hotels!

I almost don't want to write this review, because this place is such a great find! But I know they deserve the attention!

First off, the location of this hotel is excellent, if you're not familiar with how the roads are laid out in Austin it might seem hard to get to, but rest assured it is not. It's right off the highway, you just have to pass the hotel and take two U-turns off the highway to get there, most of Austin is like this though, if you're staying for a while like I was, you'll get the hang of it!

It's about 15 minutes from downtown, and 15 minutes from the airport, and there's a shopping plaza and multiple restaurants within a safe walking distance of the hotel. I never felt unsafe while staying at the Rodeway.

The minute you walk in the lobby, you can tell there's a lot of pride and hard work being put into this hotel.

The lobby is spotless and modern, The staff are relaxed and professional (I met Jay, the owner, he truly is a pleasure to talk to!) and I also spoke with Vincent (or was it Victor? You know who you are!) who was also a hard worker, and a huge help while I was there. Check-in was quick and easy, and before long I was off to the room.

The rooms are newly renovated and just awesome! I was so busy trying to close on an apartment deal while I was in Austin that I failed to take pictures of my hotel room but let's just say this: housekeeping does an excellent job!

There was no scratched or dented furniture, there was no dust, or dirt the floor or surfaces-- overall it was very well kept and well supplied, it had a mini fridge and microwave which were a huge help while I was there, I was able to save money by buying some microwavable meals and keeping them in the room.

The bathrooms were also very modern and clean, shower worked just fine! No hair anywhere, and all the linens were fresh.

BIG PLUS: there's a wifi unit in the room-- with your very own wifi password, no lie! I had consistent, fast internet while I was there.

This helped me a ton when I was looking to buy an apartment so I want to tell Jay-- great investment! That truly rocked my socks.

The beds are comfortable, the view was great, I bugged the front desk upon check-in to give me 'a room with a view' it's a running joke in the hotel industry because one person's opinion about a view is different than another's, some people like seeing a busy street corner while others like to see trees.

They gave me a view of the pool, and even called up to my room once I was situated to make sure I was satisfied and that everything was okay.

I give them much credit for that, it's difficult in the hospitality industry to truly make people happy, but the easiest way to make them happy is to listen to them-- and this hotel does just that!

The hotel is connected to a fun Mexican Restaurant that most people say is in the shape of a tortilla chip-- that's right, in the pictures on trip advisor, the building with the funny looking roof is not the hotel, but the restaurant connected to the hotel, and the guacamole in that restaurant is simply awesome.

You will always have one or two unsatisfied people regardless of how amazing you run your business, but those thinking of staying here rest assured you will have a relaxing stay for an unbeatable price. I paid roughly 560 something for my entire stay-- compared to 3,000 something another hotel quoted me with reviews not nearly as good as these.

Coming from someone who currently works in the hotel industry, this hotel is doing an excellent job-- the staff seem to know it too, because everyone has a smile on their tired faces. They work hard! Keep it up!

I did end up buying an apartment while I was there, so I will be back in June and when I come back, my friends and family will want to visit me-- and there's only one place I'll recommend them to stay. :)

Thanks again! Have a lovely day,

- Kayla (Michala) from Florida

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank K_Offin
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed April 29, 2014

The staff was super friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and seemed recently renovated. There is a restaurant in front of the hotel that had great food. My only complaint would be that the restaurant parking spilled over into the hotel parking and we had trouble finding a parking space when we returned to our room later at night. Convenient to downtown, though google got a little confused on how to tell us to get to the one-way frontage road. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Plano, Texas
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My husband and I spent 2 nights at Rodeway Inn for our first Austin trip. When we arrived late Friday night, we were welcomed by Jay and his staff. They were very friendly and nice. We participated for Jay's Birthday Sale and brought a birthday card for him. He's got many cards already and put our card on the board. Next morning, I got to meet wonderful travelers at the breakfast area and got to chat with them, 2 from Germany and a family from Texas. The staff was very helpful to give us suggestions and directions where we should visit. The room was very clean and bed was comfortable. We went out to downtown Saturday night but it was an easy drive back to the hotel. We will definetly come back to Rodeway Inn.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
JAYatRodeway, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Downtown North, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Thank you Amymusica for your excellent review! My mission in this industry is and always has been to deliver SAFE and EXTRAORDINARY service from check-in until check-out to each guest at a reasonable cost. Guests like yourself make my difficult days’ worth-while…you’re the reason why I give my ALL!

Furthermore, I would like to CONGRATULATE you on becoming the official "winner" for the BEST birthday card given during our Jay's Bday Promotion. Due to "tripadvisor" guidelines we were not able to post a photo of your card for the world to see but trust me it is awesome. You put a lot of thought into the card, wrote Happy Birthday in 9 different languages, it was very colorful and I liked the stickers. I received many wonderful cards, some hand-written, some decorated with a personal touch and others that were simply given as purchased. I appreciate all 31 guests who brought in a card during your stay, saved money by booking directly through the property and allowed me to take care of your hospitality needs in the process. The level of participation was not expected. Thanks again, to all who took their personal time and money to display a thoughtful and loving gesture to make my day special.

I read all but never respond to these reviews which some may say I'm out-of-touch with my guests. I rather spend that time creating ways to turn a guest’s complaint, thoughts and suggestions into award winning service. In my opinion, it’s a guest review site where you guys can share your experiences with each other. Why should I messed that up...if I got a bad review I messed up already so no need for further involvement. My resolution should be done before you leave the property, prevention is key.

Tripadvisor is the BEST review site in the world, Austin is one of the greatest cities on the planet and if you haven't visited Austin, what are you waiting on? I'm not sure how much longer I will be at Rodeway Inn & Suites but I’ll definitely be in Austin so hurry and book NOW, stay with me and I'm convinced you will be glad you did. Cheers!
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 20, 2014

great staff. thx to Jay & Viktor for all the help during our SXSW trip.
Hotel is quiet, clean and well maintained.
Not too far from city center.
This hotel is planning to have a shuttle service during busy times.
recommended

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Rolling Meadows, Illinois
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Just because of Jay the owner,and his hospitality made my wife and I want move to Austin. We were in Austin looking to eventually move and staying at the Rodeway inn made us feel like we were visiting family or friends that we haven't seen for a long time. Jay and the entire staff including the cleaning people do an excellent job and I would stay there again in a heartbeat. Blessings to Jay always and its a breath of fresh air to do business with someone who truly appreciates people. Your friends from Chicago! Peace!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple