“Excellent Service; Can't beat the price!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites Downtown North

Rodeway Inn & Suites Downtown North
Ranked #118 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Taipei, Taiwan
“Excellent Service; Can't beat the price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

I must admit, when I first read the reviews on here, I was a bit skeptical--I didn't think it was possible that a motel charging just $60 a night could be comfortable, clean, and safe. I usually like to stay at hotels with rooms ranging from about $100-$160 per night, just based on the level of cleanliness and the amenities I like. However, I decided to take a chance based on the tripadvisor reviews of this motel. When we arrived at Rodeway Inn, I was immediately put at ease. The motel is newly renovated and very clean. The decorations are very nice. Once inside the room, it easily felt like hotels I've stayed in for upwards of $150 a night. Our room was cleaned thoroughly every day. The reviews about Jay are true as well--he will take care of you. Jay takes great pride in his job and deserves all the praise he gets on here. In fact, this is the first time I have every written a tripadvisor review. We asked him about restaurant recommendations and for some suggestions on interesting places to go and see while in Austin. He gave very thorough suggestions and was always available for help. Truly, you would think you were staying at the Ritz with the level of service he provides. He truly goes above and beyond. Also, as a side note--the small Mexican restaurant attached to the property has some of the best Mexican food I've ever had in my life. The fajitas rancheros was to die for. Seriously, had the best stay at this motel.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floor. Because the motel has an open layout and outside halls, people milli...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

The general manager, Jay, was accommodating and welcoming. The other staff members were also very helpful. They truly made the stay a pleasurable experience. The recent renovations to the interior were beautiful, as well. We will be sure to visit here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel over the weekend for my birthday celebration. This hotel was extremely clean and nicely renovated. Jay was truly awesome which made our stay very pleasant. My next visit to Austin, I will definitely come back to this hotel again. The beds were soooo comfortable and the nightly rate was reasonable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel and found it the best value in Austin. Newly remodeled and very clean. The beds are great and so are the pillows. There is a Mexican restaurant attached. Most breakfast plates are $3.95 and the portions are Hugh. I will stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BigTex62
weatherford tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

stayed 2 nights. totally renovated, and clean inside and out. exceptional staff, went out of their way to accommodate. If you encounter Jay, he is the best desk person I've dealt with in my many years of staying at hotels. exceptional value and lower price than other hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Spring, Tx
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I am re-writing my previous review since speaking with the manager Jay. We stayed here last weekend and found the Crime Scene Unit there taking pictures in one of the rooms. Needless to say, I was VERY uncomfortable staying here with my children. I called Priceline and got nowhere with them. Jay, the motel manager, was already gone. I want to give credit where credit is due, however. Jay called me today and told me that he has already refunded my money to Priceline and would have relocated us that night if he had been aware of the situation. I spoke with him at length and I believe he would have. He was very professional and a credit to the Rodeway family. In regards to the condition of the motel, yes, it is being remodeled. The bed was wonderful! The decor is modern and new. I hope they are not finished because there is still much left to do. Doors are old and dented, Shower faucet and handles old and a smoky odor still lingers. The outside still has issues. Parking is one of them. The gray painted concrete in the hallway reminded my of a prison. I am probably expecting too much for a motel since I usually stay in a more upscale place. But, I felt that the glowing reviews were more due to Jay ( well deserved by the way!) and not the motel overall.

Room Tip: Note: No elevator
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank linday12
Porter Ranch
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights while passing through Austin. Very clean, well-kept, and amazing service. Jay, the manager, really cares about the property and the comfort of its guests. We arrived late at night and he helped us carry our bags upstairs. In addition, he got me coffee from the restaurant next door when their coffee machine was having some issues. My traveling partner got stung by something outside during our stay and he called later to check on her. Beds are super comfy, room has some updates, excellent place overall!!! Will stay again.

• Stayed July 2013