Rodeway Inn & Suites Downtown North
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsthe mexican restaurantbudget hotelking suitefridge and microwavebreakfast tacosother hotelscontinental breakfastdowntownhighwaycereal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My honey and another couple stayed at this hotel and might I say I had the best experience in a long time. The front desk including the manager Jay was amazing, the hospitality was 100% to my standards. The rooms was absolutely nice. I'm talking about fully remodeled; pillow top bed, microwave, cute carpet, fridge, couch and the restroom was nice and clean. The rooms did not match the outside so don't judge a book by its cover. The pics you see on the webpage is exactly what you get. The plus side to this is there is a Mexican restaurant attached to the hotel which had good margaritas and good music. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and the price is just right too.

Room Tip: Clean, remodeled, cozy, quiet, around the corner from I-35, pillow top bed, excellent service.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank K C
Reviewed June 4, 2013

First of all, the rooms were really nice. Same quality you would expect from some of the other hotels that charge you twice as much for a room. Everything was very neat and clean. Air conditioning works great. Tv is really nice. Bathrooms are a bit small, but definitely do-able. And as far as the noise from the highway everyone on here is referring to, its really not that bad. Nothing that kept me awake at night. Oh and with medium traffic on the highways you are about ten minutes from downtown, not bad at all!

Secondly, I had a major car issue while on this trip (like stuck in the middle of the road, stranded at 2am major). Due to this issue, we had to stay at the hotel one more night then expected while my car was in the shop. I used hotels.com to book for the first three nights we were there, and when I asked if we could add on an extra night in our same room, the manager (Jay) said it was no problem at all and he gave me the rooms for the discounted price I originally paid for on the website. He was very sympathetic to our needs and accomodated us greatly.

Overall, I was seriously beyond impressed with the hotels cleanliness, staff, and overall quality. We will DEFINITELY be returning!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My friends and myself stayed at this hotel one night during a recent trip to Austin. We had two rooms next to each other, and had problems with both. Our gentleman traveler had a separate room and his television had to be replaced as it was not working. He complained about holes in the wall. Our television had to be plugged in and furniture moved to do so. This is an inconvenience to ladies who have arthritis! The bathroom was TINY and the bathtub in our bathroom had a very unprofessional paint job, a semi-broken knob, but worst of all, the temperature would not stay set and the water would get COLD without notice while taking a shower. On the positive side, the beds were very comfortable and we slept well. The Internet connection worked well, and the rate was reasonable. Customer service was okay, but I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank rjmlem
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We had a great experience. I originally chose this Rodeway Inn (6201 US 290 E) because of the location (at the 290/I-35 juncture). I'm glad I did. The rate was reasonable. The newly renovated room was wonderful. The room was clean and neat. The beds were very comfortable. Jay was very helpful and friendly. When we checked in, he asked if we preferred upstairs or downstairs. I've stayed at other hotels; no one has ever asked. Jay offered us an upgrade which made our stay even more comfortable. A very convenient feature is the drawers underneath the bathroom sink. The room had anything you could possibly need or want during your stay. The restaurant in front has very good food, great prices.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Overall, I had a wonderful experience at the Rodeway Inn. Not only are the accommodations great, the price for the room was very reasonable. Jay at the front desk was very attentive to our feedback and our needs. With the exception of some shower-water temperature issues, this stay was perfect. Also, there is a lovely little Taqueria that is right in front of the hotel that serves delicious, authentic Mexican cuisine. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple