“The spice does flow!”

Sway
Ranked #59 of 3,801 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Sway is an award-winning modern Thai restaurant with locations in The Domain and Westlake Hills opening in late 2017.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Beautiful, noisy, delicious.

The restaurant is organized around large indoor tables (square) and slightly more intimate tables outdoors. Everything is very slick, charcoal grey walls, mahogany tables, and accents of yellow, etc.

Food is full of varied fragrance and is quite spicy throughout. My recommendations: jungle curry, tiger cry, and the not to be missed vegetable fried rice.

Is it noisy? Yes, anticipate only speaking to your immediate neighbors for the duration. Also makes it great for couples; the crowd grants you quite a bit of privacy. Great place place to wow guests, friends, or a date.

Because of the seating arrangement, noise, and cuisine, I would NOT recommend this for children, or taking out your grandparents.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I took two of our children to sway for dinner on a Sunday night. Slight wait at around 6:30.

Sat down on the corner of a table. Our table mates were very noisy. Yelling as a matter of fact. Do not go here for a conversation spot.

While the food is always outstanding, table service was lacking. We ordered a dozen raw oysters that never came. Also ordered sweet potato mash that never came. Strange for this quality of a place. The manager did comp our drinking vinegars without us mentioning a thing. That was impressive. He knew there were mistakes.

The drinking vinegars are not to be missed so refreshing. Sway is one of our favorites. This must have been an off night for service. I recommend it for lunch.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Great Thai food in Austin with a really cool ambiance, they have a good selection of sakes and the food is made to share, although the sizes of the plates are not that big.
Nice place to go out with friends for dinner and some drinks.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great addition to Austin. Sway has a very stylish look and some great food. Love sitting outside in the courtyard on a beautiful Austin afternoon.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Yup - this place is one of the better restaurants in Austin. We had a group of 8 and sat outside which was great. For about 30 minutes of the meal we had these super drunk guys at the table but once they got up, we were able to spread out and relax. (it was 6.30 - honestly what what were they drinking to be wasted by 6.30 (no judgement though)) I usually don't like dining with the whole - sharing thing, but this was really fun. All the dishes were tasty so it worked out because I got to try so many. Parking isn't an issue because there's free valet which is so great - parking in Austin is sometimes a pain. I'd have to come back and try the seating arrangement inside - looks a little awkward but the ambiance is nice. Our waiter was awesome - I thought he did a really good job of checking in on us but not bugging us. I'll definitely check this place out again!

Been to Sway? Share your experiences!