“Indoor Skydiving is Awesome!”

iFLY Indoor Skydiving - Austin
Ranked #5 of 63 Fun & Games in Austin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ever dream of flying? Now you can at iFLY Indoor Skydiving in Austin. Experience the thrill of skydiving without having to jump from a perfectly good airplane - no falling, no parachutes, just you floating on a smooth cushion of air with our professional instructor right next to you. No special skills are needed, just a sense of adventure. iFLY is safe for kids 3 and up, fun for the entire family, and perfect for birthday parties or groups. iFLY is the experience of a lifetime.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We took our four teenagers/early 20's kids to iFLY to celebrate us all being together for the holidays. The kids are still talking about how much fun it was! We had Devon for an instructor and he was amazing...I was a little nervous going into it but he explained everything in terms that we could understand and made it really easy and fun for everyone. "Chin up and stay still" :)

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
TravlinfromAustin, Manager at iFLY Indoor Skydiving - Austin, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Hey Dallas Crew,
iFLY Austin would like to say thanks, and congratulations, you're this weeks dedicated TripAdvisor fan of the week. We are so happy you and your family had a good time flying with us and celebrating the holidays. We look forward to seeing you again.
Check out your post on our Facebook Fan Page.
Thanks,

Reviewed January 2, 2014

The whole experience was great. The coaches/trainers were very patient and explained the process very well.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Took my 2 kids -- 18yo daughter and 16yo son -- as a Christmas gift. We signed the waiver online, so there was no unexpected forms to sign when we got there. They are very organized and friendly. We arrived 45 minutes early, signed in via a kiosk, the girl at the counter put bands on the kids and we headed upstairs for training and the flight.

Our instructor, Waz, was fabulous. Great attitude and good with the kids. My daughter was pretty nervous and he patiently answered her questions and made her feel at ease. My son was a natural!

I love the "finale" each instructor does, where they fly alone and do amazing stunts. Our instructor actually ended his by landing right in the doorway! Very cool!

We would definitely do this again -- even though it is pricey. But for a couple of times a year, it is a fun and exciting adventure. I will say the video quality of the included DVD is pretty crappy. The video my husband took on his phone was better.

Overall -- great place. Adventure seekers will love it. The staff was friendly, helpful, patient and have a great sense of humor!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

This was sooo much fun! My son and Grandson did the flying, my husband and I watched. I don't know who had more fun! It was great watching and the the boys loved it! It was Fun, fun, fun!

1  Thank Sharon_N_Ed
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My "flight" was on December 10. All went smoothly and I enjoyed it. The folks at IFly are very friendly and do their best to make this a great experience. I got there early enough to watch others do it before my flight time and would recommend that. An instructor is with you the entire time for beginning flyers. Once you see how everyone is enjoying it, you become eager to do it yourself. It doesn't appear to be that "dangerous" but IFly makes you sign your life way with non-litigation documentation and more recently I have learned of someone who was injured doing this. I'm not sure how this compares with actual sky-diving since I have not done that. The flight time is short and a bit expensive. For the most part it was fun but not something I am eager to do again.