“Sooo good!”
Review of La Barbecue

La Barbecue
Ranked #9 of 3,869 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: We are a food trailer with a lot of outdoor seating.
Description: We are a food trailer with a lot of outdoor seating.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My family and I had lunch here, I myself had the Barbecue ribs and they were so good! I definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone else. The place is really friendly and the staff is awesome!

1  Thank Zcak M

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We drove by Franklin's by noon, saw the line of 30+ and decided to move onto La Barbecue. Good move...line was slightly shorter, but that's probably due to its location being farther away from the UT Austin campus. I saw people in shirt and tie (felt really sorry for them, but must be worthwhile for them sweating it out in the 95 degree heat slowly enjoying their bbq outdoor!) and tourists from near and far. Beef brisket and pulled pork seemed to be the most popular, and are indeed excellent choices!

Reviewed June 24, 2014

BBQ in Austin has always been top notch. These days, there's even more competition. After having a great meal in a top restaurant I was talking to the chef on the subject of tasting the best brisket around. Of course the Go-To place is Franklin's (as seen on commercials and such). But, I was informed that a more recent up-and-comer with the same or better is at La Barbecue with a lot less wait.
I can tell you I was not steered wrong. They are open Wed-Sun, 11 am-until sold out. Which means don't expect it to go past 2 or 3 pm. So plan your trip accordingly. I did not, so with my schedule I had to go Saturday morning. Got there about 10:50 with a line down the street. If you are there at the start of the green fence (note pic) it's about an hour wait. And yes it is BYOB though they do have a keg of free beer on the weekends till it runs out. On to the food..
The sides are great with offerings of a Chipotle cole slaw and buttermilk bacon potato salad. They do make sandwiches you can order or order what you want by the amount (pound).
Once up at the small food truck style trailer after 1 1/2 hr., I ordered a bit of my favorites, the brisket, pork ribs, pulled pork, and sausage. While you're ordering they'll even cut you a sample taste. The pork ribs were tender, fall off the bone, but not baby backs. So it had you're good sized rib with a bit more fat on them. The spicy link sausage was awesome.The pulled pork was savory, smokey, and spectacular. The brisket, oh man! (Drool!) What they did to this meat was nothing short of magical. A real knee-buckler and almost an outer body experience. Fantastic 'bark', great smoke flavor, and melt away tender with an unbelievable seasoning.
Going to Austin? This should be on your 'must-do' list. Why go somewhere else when you can have superior brisket and a shorter line!?

2  Thank Toastman
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Outrageous brisket and pulled pork. Get there by 10:30 am or they may run out of the ribs, as they did in our case. Free beer from their keg while you wait, plus wonderful live music to make the wait in line pass quickly (acoustic guitar and banjo today). Out wait was about 1.5 hours. Thus, we really appreciated the free beer approach. Had a blast talking to all the hungry BBQ fans in line. Many brought their own coolers of refreshments. The sides of chipotle slaw and bacon potato salad were just right. Wish they hadn't run out of the beef ribs, which looked like they came out of bedrock. Sausage was a little bit greasy, but full of flavor. Overall big thumbs up from us.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

It was a long walk from our hotel (especially considering that we the day before had taken a long walk to the adress they used to have, on the other side of town), but we were not disappointed! The best BBQ I've had by far. The brisket was devine, and the pulled pork was not far behind.

We ordered way too much, and had to as for a doggy bag when we had to accept that we couldn't cram any more into our overfilled stomachs.

1  Thank Christopher S

Been to La Barbecue? Share your experiences!