“Fabulous smoked BBQ!”

Ranked #54 of 3,816 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: W. 24th St.
Transit: North and South bound bus stop on northwest corner of 24th and San Gabriel.
Reviewed July 27, 2013

On a recent visit to Austin, local friends took us to a newish BBQ restaurant. We were pleasantly surprised when we entered this charming historic building. It had an interesting story and a very nice atmosphere, with live music entertainment on the adjoining patio. We had the pulled pork, a huge beef rib, and sampler platter which included the pork ribs and brisket. All of these were seasoned and smoked to perfection. I must say it was the best BBQ I've had, and I've tried it all over.

1  Thank Deb P

Reviewed July 25, 2013

At first thought pricey but thought ok, probably average if you figure per pound. Then received my tray and was in brisket heaven! I needed more potatoes in proportion to meat, but I'll just order more sides. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Excellent drinks, beef rib BBQ, pork belly, all highlights. Service good natured but inexperienced,quiet, rainy,Monday evening, lovely building ,huge outdoor patio dining. Thouroughly enjoyable.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was one of the best meals we've had in a long time. Tucked away in a historic landmark building, this restaurant has so much character and charm, you immediately feel taken away from the city. The menu offers a unique spin to bbq with some amazing flavors, the bartenders are drink mixologists who take their craft seriously and with a smile, and the retro music makes you want to sing along.

Be sure to leave room for dessert too!

It was a random find thanks to Open Table, and one that we will definitely go back to when in Austin again!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I've been reading a lot about this bar since it recently opened. I promised myself to check it out on my next trip to Austin from California. Let me just simple say, it was worth the trip.

It's located in a landmark building which has been restored and it's like stepping back in time. Great service and great drinks. Be sure to try the "daily muddle" which may be the best drink I've ever ordered. Lots of special hand-crafted creative concoctions.

Next time I visit Austin, I'll get there earlier in the evening and try some of their menu items because if the drinks are indicative of their culinary creativity, I will be in for a treat ... and you will be, too.