“Great race--great place!”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Great race--great place!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Everything was great about the Formula 1 race held at the new Circuit of the Americas track in Austin, with the exception of---there was not enough food and drink places available at some locations around the track. They need to add more places to purchase food and drink, so you don't have to walk a mile to get something to eat and then wait in line for one hour. Also it was next to impossible to purchase shirts and hats, etc., from the F1 stores, as the lines were up to 2 hours long. So many people just didn't purchase them. If they had more stores available around the track, more merchandise would be sold.

Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great race, great venue”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Very glad that the first race at COTA was as good as the venue. The venue was impressive. Could have used more grass and better concession areas, but otherwise they were able to complete the track on deadline. We were at turn 9, and we could see turns 6-8 to our left, turns 10-11 to our right, along with the back straightaway. Great seats. Didn't make it over to the grandstand area but from all accounts it was really good. No complaints on access except for after the race on Sunday was got stuck in standstill traffic in the parking lot on one of the back lots (Lot L I believe) for about 1.5 hours. I'm sure they will iron out those details by next year, although I hear the county is not going to widen the roads leading up to those lots.

Austin, Texas
“Hooked on Formula One”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My wife is a huge anglophile and so found F1. She got us weekend passes and I thought at best I would bare it. It was AMAZING. Long term fans of the sport are raving about the course. When the cars go through the S-turns they scream in and out so fast you think it must be fake but it is not. Many courses world wide have trouble promoting overtaking. Austin has plenty of it despite the brand new surface being really slick.

The race was crazy exciting given the position of the championship this year but not only that there was all kinds of excitement in this race even where it did not involve the constructors or drivers championship.

Now after the season I am furious with Williams. Bruno had a good weekend and their year long mistreatment of him has turned into abandonment by a team that to my mind owes his family better than that.

Jenson and Kimmi had a great battle and really all the way through the grid there were great stories playing out.

If you enjoy motor sport this race was as good as you could possibly hope for.

As a late 40s guy out of shape it was probably good that the walk from the buses is two kilometers round trip but as far as ease of access I think they did an amazing job.

I did not buy their over priced refreshments but I never buy refreshments at any sporting event. As a local Austinite I am telling you for F1 or any weekend in Austin, DO NOT EAT GATTIs Pizza. As a native of the East Coast of the US which makes the finest pizza on planet Earth, it is not even pizza let alone good pizza. They make a crust, sauce and cheese but anyone who has eaten NY or Philly thin crust will tell you whatever that is, it is NOT pizza.

Overall, easy to get shuttle from Airport parking lot. Crazy exciting competition. Instantly one of the best overall F1 venues in the world according to people who know better than I. Great sunny venue Austin Texas.

Don't miss it if you are anywhere close for GP week.

Austin, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A F1 Mecca is born.”
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

A new F1 star is born and Austin, TX USA finally is the best track in the world.
The "circus" is in town and the Austinites are proud and ready to welcome many race events.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“I am hooked on Formula 1”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

My first experience, it won't be my last. I purchased bleacher seats on turn 4. They were ok. I liked that on practice day, Friday, the guards didn't really care where you went. This allowed me to scout out better locations and I scalped better tickets for Saturday (red chairs on Turn 15) and purchased 2 tickets from box office on location for Sunday, also on Turn 15 but much lower. Couldn't believe the office still had tickets, but they were the last 2 together. I walked around the entire course. They had porta-potties galore, ATMs--so many places are cash-only, which is a surprise--and live music in several locations. Biggest gripe: not nearly enough places to buy a beer, or get food. Lines for that were unholy. No lines for bathrooms, but for a beer? Forget it. Also, when you pay only $50 for a ticket to the ballgame you get vendors trying to hand you a beer. When I pay $450 for a ticket to F1, I would expect not only the same level of service but also perhaps better. No. There were a handful of vendors, they came 'round maybe once per day. The track is amazing. I'm still hearing those magnificent machines in my ears. They also had Porsche GT3 and Ferrari 458, as well as vintage F1. I plan not only to come back here, but also to expand my scope perhaps to Montreal. Actually, I was so fired up when I left that I was looking at planes for the following week's race in Brazil!