“F1, live and in person”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“F1, live and in person”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

After following F1 for years, how cool it was to see a live race. The venue is just amazing. For a brand new track, the race was well planned out and organized. 120,000 people managed to be successfully entertained. Fantastic weather. Free parking is a 30 minute school bus ride each way. Would recommend paying the $200 for parking if it is possible.

1 Thank ReisenAl

Dallas, Texas, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Formula 1 in the USA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

World class facility and race track... no expenses spared. Everything was positioned beautifully and the race and track was excellent. Definitely returning!

Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“First event excellence”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

The 2012 Grand Prix - the first event at this venue was fantastic. I have been to other tracks for their first race and COTA was much, much better. The foresight and planning that went into pulling off a very successful first time race was exceptional.

Traffic and parking: We stayed in LaGrange, about 50 minutes southeast of the track. We purchased the $200 on site parking pass. On all 3 days the maximum delay in or out of the track was no more than 15 minutes. We parked literally behind our stands (Turn 12) in lot F. The walk from the lot to the entrance was about 10 minutes. It was easy to leave the track during a break, go to the truck for a tailgate lunch and return to the stands within an hour.

Seats and view: Turn 12 is absolutely amazing. There is a view of turns 12-15 and the entrance to 16. With binoculars you can see Turn 1 and the S turns up the hill. Probably 75% of the passing on this track is in Turn 12 so there is plenty of action. The turn 12 bleachers are just that - bleacher benches, so bring a cushion or strap on stadium seats with backs to make it more comfortable.

Concession: We didn't buy any. There was no need with the truck close enough to go out and tailgate which was a good thing. The lines were extremely long. Some people around us waited over an hour to get food. Prices we saw were very high - $8.50 for a 16 oz can of beer.

Restrooms: There was a seemingly endless line of porta potties behind our stands. The wait was never more than 4 people. The porta potties were serviced and kept clean throughout the event.

Employees: Everyone was extremely helpful and friendly. There were ample employees to serve the spectators.

The track: Absolutely fantastic! The drivers all rated it highly. I can only hope they open the track for some affordable amateur events so I can try it first hand.

Cost: It ain't cheap. I have been to other Formula 1 events in other countries and this is not the most affordable. Was it worth it? Yes.

3 Thank IIP2
Saskatoon, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Over the Top!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Ok, I'll start by saying that I have not been an F1 race fan....until now. I have attended NASCAR and NHRA events over the past 15 years. However I had an opportunity to "tag along" with some friends to this new venue and return of Formula 1 Racing to the U.S. Am I ever happy I did. First, Austin is a beautiful, vibrant, fun city with lots of history and of course, music. I would have gone just to tour the city and eat at some of the great restaurants.

Circuit of The Americas is a world class race / event venue. It is extremely fan friendly from the seating to race course design and the whole event experience. For a first time staging this race, with attendance of close to 300K in three days went smoothly. From transportation to the site, volunteers, staffing and even bathrooms, it was great. The only minor "hiccup" is that most food vendors were unprepared for the masses. I'm sure that will be rectified for next year. I highly recommend this or any event to be held at COTA and visiting Austin TX.

Rochester, MN
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“This is America's Showplace Race Track!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Just got back from attending the Inaugral F1 Race at COTA. My friend and I and everyone we talked to on the Race weekend
had a wonderful time and the track was amazing. Considering it was their first event, the staff did a great job shuttling and hosting over 256,000 people over the three day event. There were plenty of bathrooms and the event was easy to navigate once inside the track. They could have more food stands and
hopefully blacktop off the parking lots in the future though. Otherwise, keep up the good work. Can't wait for Moto GP, V8 Supercars, etc.