“Cool place to chill on any day”
Review of Clark's Oyster Bar

Clark's Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Clark's Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #127 of 3,783 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Blanco
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Great location. Sit outside and watch the world go by. Food is well prepared and excellent tasting. Try one of the exotic spritzers! Did I mention the great service? This place is not cheap but when is excellence?

There are newer reviews for Clark's Oyster Bar

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Neatly tucked into a homey space on W. 6th in Austin right next to a fabulous art gallery, Clarks is first and foremost a real oyster bar that also offers caviar. The oysters represent Maine, Washington, California and every other source in the country. The red snapper ceviche is tangy and perfectly marinated. Grilled kale and Peeler Farms (perfectly scrambled) eggs are a must. A wedge salad is big enough to split, in order to save room for the affogato--toasted marshmallow and macaroon icecream bathed in hot espresso.

The service is top-notch, the eclectic music at the exact volume to be heard easily but not a nuisance, and the interior absolutely lovely. The soft cream and seafoam booths are so comfortable and pretty that diners are loathe to move for hours.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Only had appetizers (ceviche, oysters, & crab Louis salad) but the service was wonderful and everything tasted great with a fantastic surrounding to boot.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Been meaning to try Clarks since we first noticed it a couple of months ago. Last night (Friday) we showed up around 6pm and put our name on the list for a table outside. We already knew that inside was fully booked.

While waiting about 30-40 minutes for our table we sat at one of the bars and ordered a drink and the waitress brought us some bread. As we watched the food coming out of the kitchen we were really impressed.

When we sat down outside we ordered a couple of dozen mixed Oysters. (4 types) I remember one type was called white cap from Massachusetts and it was my favorite of the 4 by a long way.

For main dish we shared the mussels and clams. They were incredible. My daughter had the Cioppino, also amazing.

I cannot wait to go back to Clarks and try more of their menu. Oops I almost forgot to mention the amazing string fries and the tasty Brussels we had as sides.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Drive down 6th St, and you spot yellow striped awnings with people sitting outside at tables and a rail bar - looks like a hot dog stand, but no! The best meal we had in Austin! I suggest you make a reservation, the place is small...we came on a Monday night early and got the last table, which was outside. Inside is sleek & clean lines. we started with raw oysters, Wellspoint, delicious. Our waiter, Eric, was very knowledgeable. With the beer, I was brought a small taster when I couldn't decide about the Heffeweisen (which I then ordered and it too was delicious & fresh). Between us, we had the wood roasted oysters (fat and plump with bacon & bread crumbs & perfect seasoning, 5 to the plate), the shells with cheese & crab (Fabulous), the New England clam chowder (possibly the best we have had anywhere) and the finale, the Basque tart with cherries & cream cheese ice cream (killer!!!!!). I can't say enough good things about this place. The food, the service ,all wonderful.

Been to Clark's Oyster Bar? Share your experiences!