“Excellent staff in new conveniently located facility!”

Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
Ranked #13 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Wonderfully located to experience all aspects of Austin,Texas. Music,shopping and great restaurants reasonably priced.
Wonderful hotel for for a large group with a central bar and lobby. Rooms may include breakfast which is worth it.
The staff was great to deal with!

• Stayed: June 2013
Sarah M, Manager at Hyatt Place Austin Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Sar424:

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. Our location is such an ideal spot for truly experiencing the great city of Austin, whether it be a solo trip or with a convention. We appreciate your kind words about the staff and will make sure to share your review with each of them. We look forward to your return on your next trip to Austin.

Best regards,
The Hyatt Place Austin Downtown

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I fly to Austin for business many times per year and tried out this new hotel with a co-worker while in Austin on business the evening of July 17th. We arrived after a 5 hour flight delay (on the tarmac, no AC) and a horrible taxi ride (also no AC). The guys at the front check in desk (wish I had gotten their names) not only gave us welcoming greetings and checked us in quickly, but after hearing our story they insisted that we move over to the bar area so they could serve us ice water and then wine (just what we needed!). We couldn't have been happier with this hotel - the staff was super friendly, the rooms were extra large, new and spacious, the AC worked wonderfully, the bed was super comfy, and the morning breakfast was perfect. I came back to work and booked this hotel again for my stay in Austin next week and will try to stay there every time!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Debi K:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are glad that we were able to bring a better close to a not so great travel day. I agree that our rooms are very comfortable, exactly what you needed after a long day between airports and taxi's. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Austin.

Best regards,
They Hyatt Place Austin Downtown

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The Downtown Austin Hyatt Place is fabulous. My friends and I went to Austin for a long weekend to get away and let loose. The staff at the Hyatt could not have been nicer or more helpful in anyway that we needed them. They were quick to recommend restaurants and bars, and every recommendation was exactly how they described it. The hotel is within walking distance of numerous restaurants, and the renowned 4th and 6th street bars.

The hotel is brand new with great clean rooms and a wecolming lobby/restaurant as you enter the hotel.

I will definitely stay at the Hyatt Place when I return on my next trip to Austin!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
bhaas, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Scott B.
Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your comments regarding your recent stay in Austin. Sounds like you were able to relax and enjoy your time off. I will be sure to share your feedback with the rest of the team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed at the new (March, 2013) Hyatt Place Austin Downtown for three nights to attend a trade show at the nearby Austin Convention Center. Location was perfect; less than a 5 minute walk to the Convention Center, which was much appreciated in the 99 degree weather!

Hotel is new, fresh and modern. Bell and Desk staff is phenomenal; typically Texan which means friendly, welcoming and helpful - but not sickeningly so. Just the right amount of hospitality.

Lounge area is small but perfect. The "Grab and Go" selection of prepared foods is great and the coffee bar fantastic. Complimentary breakfast should satisfy anyone: eggs, waffles, cold and hot cereal, the standard breakfast pastries, lots of fresh fruit and good coffee. No complaints here - not your typical continental breakfast.

Rooms are spacious; I had a standard King which appeared to be handicapped-accessible. Lighting is great; work area most than spacious. Bed is typical Hyatt: comfy and with nice linens.

Now, the downside. The air conditioning in my 8th floor room was beyond unacceptable. It literally sounded like a 747 was coming in for a landing. If I tried to reduce the air volume, nothing changed. It was either deal with it - or swelter. Unfortunately, not only was the noise annoying, but the vent is tilted in such a way that the air blows directly on your head. Unless you pull the covers over your head. Really, really annoying, particularly in a brand-spanking new property.

To be fair, I merely mentioned this at the Front Desk and did not request a change of rooms. The desk clerk said that they are getting a lot of complaints and did offer to change my room, as he said that it seemed any room below the 6th floor seemed to be fine. Since I was already settled and wasn't planning to spend a lot of time in the room, I thanked him, but declined.

I would give the Hyatt Place Austin 5 stars if not for the AC issue. I'm sure they will work on it as they will continue to get complaints until it is resolved. Besides that, the place is great and I would stay there again - but I'd check the AC unit in my room, first!

Room Tip: Lower level floors are said to have quieted A/C units.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Miss Adventure,
We appreciate your business and your feedback regarding your recent stay. Your report gave us some great insight into many areas and perspectives of our guests. Sounds like you enjoyed the location and the amenities. Since you reported the AC issue to the staff I and certain they recorded it and had our engineering team investigate. Again, thank you for choosing Hyatt. We appreciate your loyalty and hope you come back to stay with us again.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

06/05/2013 - Newer downtown hotel. We were staying on 'points' and Had a great experience. 18th floor, corner room with a great view. Staff was great. self parked in parking garage right at elevator to hotel. Good location with lots of restaurants nearby. I love this brand and this was the best of the best! Hope to return to Austin soon.

Room Tip: I suggest you use the self parking because it is so convenient and saves a few bucks.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ann T.
Thanks for staying with us on your recent trip to Austin and thanks for such kind words. Glad you enjoyed the Staff, our location, convenient parking and the view. Come on back and visit us again.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is my first Trip Advisor review after I was inspired to review this Hyatt Place hotel following the brilliant stay we enjoyed!

We stayed here in March 2013 a couple of weeks after the hotel had opened for an overnight stay in Austin. We wanted to be located downtown and the hotel was conveniently located for us, near to all of the popular tourist spots (Town Lake, 6th Street, Capitol Building to name a few..)

We had not booked in advance ahead of our trip to Austin and only spotted the hotel when driving past. We stopped by the hotel reception on the off chance they might have availability and the very friendly hotel staff managed to sort out a great last minute room at a great rate for us so we were pleased.

The hotel is brand new and well equipped with modern furnishings and amenities. When the porter showed us to our room he informed us that we were the first guests ever to stay in that particular room, so it was a real treat to stay in a spotless, new room!

The beds were so comfortable and our room had a comfy corner sofa (with an extra sofa blanket - a nice touch), adding a homely touch to this business hotel.

Top marks to all the staff who were so friendly and attentive and obviously motivated to make this new hotel a success.

Our rate was very competitive particularly as it included buffet breakfast and the valet parking was fairly reasonable too.

If your looking for a place to stay in Austin, word of advice that on previous trips we had stayed in the Hampton Inn next door which had terrible soundproofing issues, and at the Radisson by Town Lake which had horrible, tired rooms and rude service - so the Hyatt Place hotel was such a pleasant contrast for the same rate and the only place we will be staying in Austin from now on!!

All in all a brilliant location for those visiting downtown Austin and great, modern hotel with friendly service - we will be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
bhaas, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Kiki264,
Thank you for sending in your comments and feedback from your stay. I am so glad to read your great comments and will be sure to share them with the rest of the staff. Our goal is always to impress the guest and it seems we succeeded in your case.
I hope you will stay with us again on future trips to Austin! Thank you for your Hyatt loyalty.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Some friends and I wanted a weekend trip away and boy, we were not disappointed! The beds were comfortable and everything was very clean. Getting ready to go out at night was made easier by having the sink and mirror outside from the shower. There was a great wardrobe closet so our things weren't wrinkled. Only downside was the iron was broken, but we called the front desk and they brought a brand new one within 10 minutes! Will be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
bhaas, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear Nicole,
Thanks for the taking the time to send in your feedback and we are glad to read that you encountered a welcoming staff during your stay. We have also noted your comments regarding the AC/breakfast options and will work on improving. I hope to welcome you again soon on your next trip to Austin.
Best Regards,