Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,778 results
All reviews texas chili parlor great hotel walking distance ceiling fan rooftop pool fifth floor parking garage capital building would definitely stay here again king suite free breakfast corner room the breakfast area front desk staff oatmeal downtown area convenient location
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lots of construction going on with the new remodel. There was no hot water in the mornings and service left a mess after attempting to repair a couple of items. (Only fixed one of the two problems) Normally this place is excellent and I usually recommend it but this last stay was not pleasant for the price.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sfitz7, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear habilezjr,

Thank you for your response on Tripadvisor. I wanted to apologize for your recent stay. Yes, we have renovation going on and on certain days can be challenging. We did drop the ball on your room and I will take this info and coach my team up to make sure we do not drop the ball again. I have contacted you via email, please reach out as I'd like to make this right with you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have stayed here at least five times and every time has been very nice. The only things I would change about the hotel are the price and the quality of fitness center equipment. Overall, the hotel is quite expensive for the overall experience, and the fitness center needs some revamping, especially a weight machine for the lower body.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sfitz7, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear 670hillaryb,

thank you for the review on TripAdvisor. We loved having you stay with us and will work harder for the fifth circle. I'm sorry about our rates, but we follow the market and charge accordingly. I agree we would love to put new fitness equipment in our gym. We will review to see if we can do this.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great location for visiting the University of Texas and Texas Capital. Secure parking at the hotel. Easy check-in, great view of Capital from the very nice room, good breakfast with nice place to sit and enjoy the breakfast and great Tex-Mex across the street.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear kirkntexas,

Thank you for the five circle ranking. We loved having you stay with us. We appreciate your business and can't wait for your next visit to Austin!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

At the time of stay construction was taking place. But the rooms were very nice for a downtown location. I personally loved the service and I recommend this place for a business trip. Sean did a fantastic job.

Dear leonrichard,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We loved having you stay with us. I was thrilled to see that we exceeded your expectations. We can't wait for your next visit to Austin!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I want to start of with saying this is one of the most amazing stays I've had in any hotel!

I was in Austin for a wedding and i needed a hotel room ASAP, so i booked the Hampton. To my suprise, it was remodeled and it smelled sooooo clean.
I needed an early check-in, working in the hotel industry myself, i know those are hard to come by! EFRAIN was sooooooo helpful and let me know that i was able to get an early check-in! It gave me time for shower and get ready for my 3pm wedding!

Efrain took his time and explained all the amenities of the hotel. They have a rooftop pool and its heated, everything looked clean and organized!

I am a vegetarian and the breakfast options were out of this world! They had a little station for you to make your own waffles (with 2 flavors) potatoes, eggs, sausage, yogurt, smoothies, oatmeal, fruit. Anything for anyone!

Location was so close to everything, most ubers were around 6 bucks!

They offer overnight parking which we didnt get at first, but then changed our minds when we arrived at 2am. The gentleman working the over night desk was prompt and kind in helping us get a parking spot!

My partner and i will make this our new hotel of choice when we visit Austin!

Dear Prissscila,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We loved having you stay with us and I appreciate the kind words about our staff and cleanliness of hotel. We can't wait for your next visit to Austin!