2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$128
Priceline$128
Traveluro$127
ZenHotels.com$133
1,863 results
All reviews great hotel walking distance fifth floor rooftop pool parking garage would definitely stay here again king suite great stay complimentary breakfast room key the breakfast area front desk staff oatmeal downtown area fitness center ut lindsey
Selected filters
Reviewed November 11, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for the WVU vs Texas game November 2018. We booked 2 rooms. Both were very nice. We had several friends who stayed at the same hotel. The hotel is in a great location a few blocks from the capital and an easy walk to the stadium. We stayed 3 nights. We loved the pool area. We all gathered there every day. It has a great skyline view of the capital and Austin. Austin is a great city and this is a great place to see it all from. The hotel was clean and nice. Breakfast was very good. I will do it again in 2 years.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Sfitz7, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2018

Dear E2819BZjasonl,

Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor. We loved having you stay with us and look forward to having you back in two years. We should make this an annual event. I was thrilled to see that we exceeded your expectations and happy to see we have a great location.

Reviewed November 8, 2018

We were in Austin to meet family and this location was terrific.The staff were all friendly and knowledgeable and made the stay more enjoyable.The actual facility had been updated and was really a pleasant experience.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sfitz7, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2018

Dear Don M,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We loved having you stay with us. I was so happy to read that our staff helped make it a great stay. We look forward to your return visit to Austin!

Reviewed November 1, 2018

I chose this location because I wanted to be close to the UT campus but it is also not far from downtown. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I loved my suite, so spacious, with a separate couch, kitchenette and work area. Very clean and comfortable, especially the bed. Those sheets are the softest I have ever slept in. I appreciated having a coffee maker and microwave, as well as a small fridge. I also liked that the bathroom had the bathtub and shower in a separate area from the sink. My only complaint is minor: no safe in the room. Other than that it was perfect and I would return next time I am in Austin.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Piolina
Sfitz7, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2018

Dear Piolina,

Thank you for your response on Tripadvisor. I was thrilled to see that we exceeded your expectations. I will pass on the kind words about our clean hotel and helpfulness of staff. We can't wait for your return visit to Austin!

Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

Hilton helped me pull this trip off ie: I reserved at the wrong Embassy Suites here in Austin. When we checked in I realized this, I called HH customer service & they set us up in Downtown Austin in the best Hampton Inn we ever stayed at. This service here is by far the best, room is large & very quiet. Thanks Hampton Inn University Capitol. PS If you stay here please visit State Capitol 1 block away

Trip type: Traveled with family
Sfitz7, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Dear Journey531592,

thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We loved having you stay with us! I was happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and we could help with the mix up.

Reviewed October 24, 2018

Great location close to the university, Texas Chili Parlor, and sixth street. The room was fantastic, a corner room that may not be representative of all rooms available. The breakfast was typical of brand hotels, nothing special, but all items were fresh and well prepared.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear blackburn3us,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. I was pleased to see that we exceeded your expectations. I was so happy that you were able to experience one of our corner rooms. We are excited for your next trip to Ausitn! Thank you for staying with us.