1,521 results
All reviewstexas chili parlorunderground parkinggreat hotelwalking distancerooftop poolfifth floorceiling fancapital buildingwould definitely stay here againfree breakfastking suiteroom keycorner roomfresh fruitfront desk staffwonderful stayoatmeal
Reviewed September 22, 2015 via mobile

Lovely, large and comfortable suite with balcony. Trendy lobby. Very clean. The view was spectacular! The staff was friendly. Checked in online which reduces the actual check in time tremendously. Highly recommend the Hilton ap. The only downside and this is because it is Austin in college football season...the self parking was $19 and there is no valet service. There is a good mexican restaurant right across the street.

Stayed: September 2015, traveled on business
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2015

Dear Lanissa M,

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. I was delgihted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was happy to see that our staff was friendly. They take great pride in there work! We look forward to your next stay in Austin!

Reviewed September 17, 2015

I've stayed at many Hilton related hotels (as a frequent business traveler and Hilton Diamond honors member), but this is one of the best... very high class, great service and best rooms I've experienced. My room at the Waldorf Astoria in NYC a few years ago was not as grand as this. There are also good local places nearby for dinner and drinks.

Stayed: September 2015, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris_Jacobs43
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2015

Dear Chris_jacobs43,

Thank you for your kind review on tripadvisor. We appreciate your review and look forward to your next visit to Austin! I agreet that our rooms are as good or better then most high end luxury hotels. We loved having you stay with us!

Reviewed September 17, 2015

Easy 10-minute walk to University of Texas. Friendly staff and pleasant, quiet facility. A little pricey, but this location is terrific, considering that parking anywhere in Austin is expensive and inconvenient. Easy walk downtown, as well. 25 minutes to Whole Foods.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear39marilyne,

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. I was happy to see that you felt our hotel was "Excellent location for visit to UT". We appreciate you staying with us and looking forward to your next visit to Austin!

Reviewed September 17, 2015

Hotel staff was very quick for check in and friendly. Room was clean and loved that they were dog friendly. Parking is easy if you use garage but you do have to pay $20 a day but can go in and out as you please. Location is great to many restaurants and attractions. We literally went down one black to a hidden gem called Arturo's Underground restaurant. Best eggs benedicts in Austin and drinks for brunch!

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family

Dear Mayra136,

Thank you for your response on Tripadvisor. I was happy to read your review and loved your title " Great for family and dog". I was happy that our staff and hotel exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your next visit to Austin!

Sincerly,

Reviewed September 16, 2015 via mobile

Do you want to go to a hotel where they WANT to make sure you are 100% satisfied with their service and accommodations? Then this Hampton Inn & Suites should be at the top of your list! I've been a Marriott customer forever but have recently made the switch to Hilton. I've stayed at two Embassy's and this is my second Hampton. In all honesty, they have all been excellent about service, but this location is hands down the best service I have ever experienced. I found their availability on hotel tonight and the rate was much lower than the rate on Hilton's site so I booked it. I mentioned my disappointment at checkin and the manager quickly matched the rate no questions asked AND gave me complimentary parking for the inconvenience! Totally unexpected! Furthermore they added it to my honors account so I could receive my points. The room passed my 7 year-olds critical inspection and we are walking distance to the Capital! I will most definitely stay here again. As a matter of fact this would be my first choice for stay in Austin. Did I mention hot breakfast is included, as well as free wifi? Yeah exactly.

Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank Leah V
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2015

Dear Leah V,

Thank you for the kind words on tripadvisor. I was happy to see that you were delighted with our "Service". I'm sorry for the misinformation about our rate but happy that we were able to correct it. I was thrilled to see that we passed your son's inspection! We look forward to you staying with us in the future!