1,521 results
All reviewstexas chili parlorunderground parkinggreat hotelwalking distancerooftop poolfifth floorceiling fancapital buildingwould definitely stay here againfree breakfastking suiteroom keycorner roomfresh fruitfront desk staffwonderful stayoatmeal
Reviewed September 17, 2015

Easy 10-minute walk to University of Texas. Friendly staff and pleasant, quiet facility. A little pricey, but this location is terrific, considering that parking anywhere in Austin is expensive and inconvenient. Easy walk downtown, as well. 25 minutes to Whole Foods.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2015

Dear39marilyne,

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. I was happy to see that you felt our hotel was "Excellent location for visit to UT". We appreciate you staying with us and looking forward to your next visit to Austin!

Reviewed September 17, 2015

Hotel staff was very quick for check in and friendly. Room was clean and loved that they were dog friendly. Parking is easy if you use garage but you do have to pay $20 a day but can go in and out as you please. Location is great to many restaurants and attractions. We literally went down one black to a hidden gem called Arturo's Underground restaurant. Best eggs benedicts in Austin and drinks for brunch!

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family

Dear Mayra136,

Thank you for your response on Tripadvisor. I was happy to read your review and loved your title " Great for family and dog". I was happy that our staff and hotel exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your next visit to Austin!

Sincerly,

Reviewed September 16, 2015 via mobile

Do you want to go to a hotel where they WANT to make sure you are 100% satisfied with their service and accommodations? Then this Hampton Inn & Suites should be at the top of your list! I've been a Marriott customer forever but have recently made the switch to Hilton. I've stayed at two Embassy's and this is my second Hampton. In all honesty, they have all been excellent about service, but this location is hands down the best service I have ever experienced. I found their availability on hotel tonight and the rate was much lower than the rate on Hilton's site so I booked it. I mentioned my disappointment at checkin and the manager quickly matched the rate no questions asked AND gave me complimentary parking for the inconvenience! Totally unexpected! Furthermore they added it to my honors account so I could receive my points. The room passed my 7 year-olds critical inspection and we are walking distance to the Capital! I will most definitely stay here again. As a matter of fact this would be my first choice for stay in Austin. Did I mention hot breakfast is included, as well as free wifi? Yeah exactly.

Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank Leah V
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2015

Dear Leah V,

Thank you for the kind words on tripadvisor. I was happy to see that you were delighted with our "Service". I'm sorry for the misinformation about our rate but happy that we were able to correct it. I was thrilled to see that we passed your son's inspection! We look forward to you staying with us in the future!

Reviewed September 14, 2015

When coming to Austin, this has become my first choice in lodging. The staff is "Texas Friendly," big grins, helpful attitudes, and welcoming smiles all around. The complimentary breakfast is well beyond what might be expected, hot, variety, and quality. I love the location, with a clear view of the Texas capital to the Southeast and the University of Texas tower to the Northeast.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2015

Dear Andy,

Thank you for the kind review on tripadvisor. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiene with others. I was happy to see that you felt our staff was "Texas Friendly"! Thank you for noticing that we offer more then the standard Hampton Inn breakfast. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Sean Fitgerald

Reviewed September 12, 2015 via mobile

Business trip to Austin landed us at this hotel.

Very nice and upscale Hampton. Extremely customer oriented. Win at the front desk was awesome, even got us a bottle of wine for our late night work session!

Mistake on the bill was quickly and easily corrected -absolutely perfect service.

When in Austin this is the only hotel where I will stay!!

Stayed: September 2015, traveled on business
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2015

Dear Tennliiebug,

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. I was so happy to read your review and agree that we are the "Best Hampton Ever". I am happy that you will only stay with us and that we are looking forward to your return visit to Austin!