“LOVE THE HAMPTON INN ON LAVACA!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol

Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol
Ranked #6 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Houston, United States
“LOVE THE HAMPTON INN ON LAVACA!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

This hotel is one of the best places to stay in Austin. Incredible value AND high quality amenities. Free WiFi, Fitness Center, Pool and the staff is super helpful. Added plus the breakfast is amazing, great variety which is not typical for free hotel breakfasts.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Nalie L,

Thank you for the kind words on tripadvisor. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us & that our staff was super helpful. We love having you here! We look forward to your next visit with us.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed here for a conference at the tail end of SXSW. Because the hotel was booked for SXSW my room wasn't ready when I arrived at 1. No worries though because the hotel staff made great recommendations for restaurants nearby. To make up for my wait, I was offered the best room in the house. It was a corner room with a view of the state capitol and the UT Austin stadium. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was well-appointed.The great service didn't stop at the end of my stay. On my last day of the conference the assistant general manager offered for me and my colleague to work on the pool deck while we waited to go to the hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner balcony suite on the southeast corner, high floor of course.
Dear Keefer L,

Thank you for your kind words on tripadvisor. We were happy to see that you enjoyed your SXSW experience. I was happy that our staff helped make it a great experience for you. Our team takes great pride in their hotel. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Houston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

We had a wonderful stay as always when we stayed her for two nights in the king suite with balcony for a girls weekend! The staff was always so lovely and the view of the capitol was amazing! We love the location of the hotel!

Room Tip: Book a suite with a balcony, the view of the capitol is amazing!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Vanessa R,

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. I was delighted to see that we exceeded your expectations and that our staff was lovely. Our team takes great pride in their work and I will pass on the kudos.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Please note, this is my first post for a hotel I've stayed at, and I travel on a bi-weekly basis. My travel agent sent me to this place, and I have to admit I was very concerned by the low price and location when she booked it. Upon arrival, I was overwhelmed by outstanding service, and arguably the best room I've stayed at in Austin....no joke. The Manager on duty named Victor Avila went out of his way to ensure my stay was was a 5 star experience.

I'm a Marriott Gold member, but this place takes the cake for high class, great service, and an overall great stay at a Hampton Inn.

I hope this doesn't raise the standard rates, but trust me -- it's worth it.

Room Tip: Excellent was not clicked because I hadn't yet experienced
Dear Rhawkins10,

Thank you for the kind words on tripadvisor. I was happy to see that we exceeded your expectations. I will pass on the kudos to Mr. Victor Avila and thank him for his service. We appreciate your comments and look forward to your next stay with us!

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

I was fortunate enough to have a large room with a balcony. The room was clean, well appointed and comfortable. There were enough outlets and in good locations. There are plenty of hotels within walking distance. Plenty of on-site parking. The breakfast was much better than the typical tasteless "free breakfast". I actually wanted to go dow for breakfast. Refrigerators in the rooms. No safe.

Room Tip: 13 corner rooms are quiet and spacious.
Dear Kay_In_Denver,

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. I was delighted to see that you had a "lovely view, convenient location". I was happy to see that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. We do have safe deposit boxes at the front desk to store valuables. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed 3 nights recently and were favorably impressed! Our suite on upper floor offered great balcony views and we also enjoyed the pool deck. Would be nice if there were a bar and restaurant like the Garden Inns but as other people have mentioned, food and drink are within walking distance. Pricey - over $1000 for the stay - but you get what you pay for! We will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear TJP55857,

Thank you for the feedback on tripadvisor. I was delighted to see that you scored us 5 circles and stated that our hotel had a "great location"! I was happy to see that our balcony rooms meet your needs and that you enjoyed your time in Austin. We look forward to your return visit to Austin!

Great Falls, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

I often stay in Hilton's/Hamptons because of our HHonors card. This is the best I've stayed in. It's truly top- notch. The staff is the friendliest , most- helpful. All Hilton's should try to be this good.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Louis_Virginia
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Louis_Virginia,

Thak you for the kind words on tripadvisor. Thank you for calling us " the best Hampton you've stayed in". We agree and appreciate the kind score. Thank you for mentioning that our staff was the friendliest and most helpful. Our team takes great pride in their work and appreciates the kudos. We look forward to your next stay with us.

sincerely,