Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol
Ranked #5 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Plano, Texas
“Great Time!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I travel to Austin several times a year and this was by far the best experience! From the great location to the "Keep Austin Weird" mentality this hotel has it all. The room was very spacious and had a great view, also there was a patio which is a big plus in my opinion. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. This is my hotel of choice by far in Austin!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Ryan M,

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor, I was happy to see that you had a "great time" at our hotel. Thank you for noticing our "keep Austin Weird" mantality and theme of our hotel. I was happy to see that you felt our staff was friendly and accomodating and look forward to your next visit to Austin.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Whitmore Lake
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We have stayed at Hampton before - the usual off main highway locations, which are always nice, but this location is far above the rest! Rooms are large with dramatic 10 ft. high ceilings and windows that bring in lots of light and a great view! Felt like we were staying at a high end hotel. Fitness area is very well equipped, clean and large. Small outdoor pool is heated and on a lovely patio area, nicely furnished with lounge chairs and tables that have a spectacular view of Capitol and other parts of city. Parking was $19 extra, but was a covered parking garage with easy, safe access to the hotel. Breakfast buffet was fresh, well supplied and convenient.
Didn't have a chance to walk around area, but nicely located near Capitol and downtown.
Would definitely stay at this location again!

Room Tip: We enjoyed staying on 5th floor , which had pool access and fitness area down the hall.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mary Heff,

Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to see that you thought our hotel was "far above the rest"!. Thank you for noticing our dramatic 10 ft ceilings and 11 foot windows that bring plenty of light into the rooms. I appreceiate the comments about our well equiped fitness center and spectacular views of the city from our pool deck. I also was happy to read about how you described our breakfast! We look forward to your next visit wth us.

Frisco, United States
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Well located in downtown Austin; close to the Capitol. Very clean accommodations. Parking is an additional fee. Room was large and welcoming. Staff was efficient and friendly; knew their job. Would highly recommend to all travelers for any purpose.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Linda G,

Thank you for the comments on Tripadvisor! I appreciate you statng that our rooms are clean and accomodating, room was large and welcoming and our staff was efficient and friendly! I was happy to see that you would highly recommend our hotel to other travelers. I was disapointed we didn't earn that fifth circle and we will work harder. We look forward to your next trip to Austin

Ruston, Louisiana
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My stay consisted of 6 days and 5 nights helping my son recuperate from surgery. The entire staff at the hotel (front desk, sales, housekeeping, restaurant) could not have been more accommodating. I was given a tray to carry breakfast back to my son's room, extra pillows and blankets for his comfort and even given popsicles for his throat pain. I noticed not only the staff's kindnesses to all their guests but a genuine effort to help one another out regardless of their specific duties. I could not be more impressed with the way the hotel is run…… hence, the extraordinary rating!!!!

1 Thank Jennifer H
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Jennifer H,

Thank you for the comments on tripadvisor. I was thrilled to read your comments on our "extrordinaire staff"....thank you. I appreceiate you taking the time to let others know what makes our hotel special. We look forward to your return visit!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Outstanding and service throughout the stay. Lindsey at the front desk was exceptional in her interface with us. Room was great and thoroughly enjoyed our staff. We will definitely stay at this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large and have outstanding amenities.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear vettaKaty_texas,

Thak you for the kind words on tripadvisor. I appreciate that you had a good stay with us and appreciated the service! We have a beautiful building but its the people that make this place special. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this Hampton In & Suites in Austin this week. It's hard to believe it is a Hampton Inn but it is. I don't think it was originally built as that but that doesn't make a difference. Points of difference are big rooms, high ceilings, soft sheets plus a crazy Austin original lobby. But the real point of difference is the friendly helpful staff. Stuffy five star resorts could learn a lesson from these wonderful employees. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Important note parking is extra but it's a downtown hotel so I expected it. If you don't have a car there are some restaurants close by but others you need a car or taxi to get to. No big deal.

Room Tip: Splurge on a suite they are really special.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Marc Z
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Marc Z.

Thank you for the comments on tripadvisor. Your comments about our staff is greatly appreciated. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Nashville, United States
Reviewed January 8, 2014

As a long time hotelier, I can honestly say this is one of the finer property I've had a pleasure of staying at - the employees and management of this Hampton Inn should be very proud. The staff were helpful. The business center was down during my stay - not a problem, Victor (FD) offered me his computer to print my paperwork. If given the opportunity, I will definitely return to this Hampton Inn. Thank you for your great services.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Lance S
Lance S.,

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. I was thrilled to read you felt our Hamptons was your "best Hampton Experience". Thank you for noticing our staff, they take a great deal of pride in their jobs. Thank you for remarking on Victor as he does a great job for us. We look forward to your next stay with us!