“quality and convenience”

Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol
Ranked #4 of 202 Hotels in Austin
“quality and convenience”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is an excellent hotel choice if you are attending any events near the University of Texas campus. The staff is very friendly and accommodating and the breakfast buffet is quite good. It is our hotel of choice in this area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Mary W,

Thank you for your kind words on tripadvisor. We appreciate your feedback. I was delighted to see that our staff was "very friendly and helpful" upon check in. I was happy to see you appreciated our views of the Capitol and Austin skyline. I suppose we dropped the ball as our parking in the garage is $19.00 per day. I assume you were able to find street parking. We look forward to your next stay in Austin.

Sean Fitzgerald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Austin, United States
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff upon check-in. Fantastic room with comfy bed, great bathroom, work area and view of the capitol. Just a few blocks north of the convention center, so not as handy as Hampton Inn San Jacinto, but in some ways, nicer. Only a handful of restaurants in walking distance, unfortunately. Loved the complimentary garage parking. I prefer it over the San Jacinto location in terms of experience, but San Jac is easier for walking if you need to be downtown. San Jac has mandatory valet for $25/day, so another win for Lavaca.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Mary W,

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. I was delighted to see that you were " very impressed with Hampton Inn Lavaca" It makes me so happy when I see that our staff was friendly and helpful. I agree that our location is central to all Austin has to offer and appreciate you describing our location to tripadvisor readers. We must have made and error as our parking is $19.00 to park in our garage. We do have meter parking outside the hotel that guests can take advantage of if they are watching meters and time patroled. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Fort Worth, United States
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I chose to stay at the Hampton because of the location. I have always liked the Hilton brands, but this property blew me away. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The interior of the hotel was modern and well decorated. I will definitely be a returning customer.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Caity J,

Thank you for the comments on tripadvisor and we appreciate that you " wouldn't stay anywhere else". I was proud to see that our hotel "blew you away" & that our staff was helpful and friendly. Our unique design is second to none and we believe that our hotel best represents the City of Austin! We look forward to your next visit with us.

Austin
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Brand new, ideally located, and offering 15 foot ceilings, this is a heck of a hotel. Food and staff and decor is exceptional. The view is terrific and everything within a short cab ride or walk. Best value in Austin

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Arthur H,

Thank you for your response on tripadvisor. Thank you for noticing the details of our truly unique Austin hotel. To my knowldege, we are the only hotel that offers high ceilings in our rooms, fans in our rooms. I agree that we are centrally located near all Austin has to offer. You are steps from the entertainment district and when you do decide to go to bed, the entertainment noise will not have an impact on your nights sleep. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The hotel was very nice, especially for the price. It is in a great location too! The room was more than comfortable and very clean. We really enjoyed the rooftop pool area, which has a view of the UT stadium, the Capitol, and the Austin skyline. It was very pretty at night as well. We were within walking distance to everything we needed and wanted. It was a great little getaway.

Dear Shellimcl,

thank you for your feedback on tripadvisr. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I was happy to see that you saw value in your stay with us. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed the rooftop pool area with incredible views of UT and the Capitol. I agree that we are centrally located near all Austin has to offer and thank you for staying with us. We look forward to your next stay with us

Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights. The King suite was very large, clean, and exceeded our expectations. The only complaint that I have is that they should upgrade the coffee pots in that room, and the front desk staff was not very friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Keshia523,

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. I appreciate your feedback. I was disapointed that you did not feel our staff was very friendly. We take great pride at the hotel about delivering friendly service and apologize that we did not make you feel at home. While our coffee pots are adequate and specific to the Hampton brand standard, I will see if there is something we can do in regards to the coffee pots for the future. We will work with the staff on delivering friendly service. We hope you will come back and visit.

El Paso, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My now husband and I checked in after a short wedding ceremony Sunday morning. We were looking forward to a couple of days to recover from the craziness. We were greeted as HH members and were given an suite upgrade when the receptionist heard of our wedding. It was the last thing we expected and are very grateful for the 'true honeymoon' experience.

Dear Mary Z,

I was grateful for the feedback on tripadvisor. We appreciate your "quick honeymoon with a lovely suprise" stay with us. I was happy to read that we were able to give you a suite upgrade and that our staff greeted you as HH members. Thank you for spending your honeymood with us and we look forward to your next visit with us!