Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol
Ranked #6 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The room was amazing! The staff was very helpfull! It was beyond what I had come to expect! The location to the Capitol and Austin Univertsity is within walking distance and it's a great place to stay. The breakfast was delicious! They have washing machines at 5th floor, if you need to wash your clothes!

1  Thank Fabi_Campos
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Dear Fabi_Campos!

I simply can't agree more! Thank you for the kind words, we look forward to your next visit!

Regards,

GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,412)

Reviewed May 3, 2013

the atrium rooms are unique. the flower decoration outside your interior window was perfect view. yes i took pictures. the beds are fresh and comfortable. i feel asleep as soon as i got under the sheets.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Deidra S,

Thank you for the comments about your stay with us. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit to Ausitn. Thank you for noticing our unique features of our hotel. We truly have a special fee to our hotel which embraces the Austin culture.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

First, let me say that I am giving this hotel 3 dots to get the attention of fellow travelers so that they will read my review. This hotel had one big negative. On floors 2-4, there is an indoor airwell. About 5-6 rooms on each floor open only onto this airwell. We were on floor 2 at the bottom of the airwell and so didn't get a lot of natural light. I thought that we wouldn't mind much, but it did turn out to cast a gloomy pall over our 3 day stay. So my strong recommendation is to ask for an outside facing room. By the time we figured out the airwell issue, we were settled into our room and didn't want to move. I wish we had. There was also a minor issue with the air temperature which I couldn't control well. I like rooms to be cool at night and warmish in the day but wasn't able to control it to that extent. I have no complaints about the noise, however, unlike some reviews I have read. The A/C noise was undetectable in our room.
Now to the good part. The hotel is very nice. I always like Hampton Inns and this was no exception. In fact, it was nicer than most. Also, the staff was probably the friendliest staff I have ever seen at a hotel. I'm guessing they would have changed our room if we had asked but, as I said, we decided against asking because we had already settled in.

Room Tip: Ask for an outside room or a room on an upper floor. Avoid the gloomy airwell.
4  Thank JoyceKing
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear JoyceKing,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to tripadvisor. We appreciate all feedback. Thank you for stating that our hotel was very nice and as you put it "nicer then most". I agree our staff is the friendliest staff you have ever seen. Yes, we would have been more then happy to move you to a different room. I was disaponted to read that our one negative caused you to score us a three on tripadvisor. You are correct, we have 15 rooms out of 137 that are atrium rooms. These rooms are actually quieter as there is no street noise. As most hotels have lower floors, poor to no views, we have a few as well. We do our best to give people the requests they desire. Please contact me should you return to visit. I would love the opportunity to give you room on a higher floor. We look forward to your next visit to Austin!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I spent the weekend at the Hampton. The hotel is very clean and has very friendly associates. The room was comfortable and quiet. The reason for 4 stars is due to the mattress being too soft. Also the thermostat was not user friendly. We tried to leave the fan constantly running and have the airconditioner on auto. Nothing seemed to work. Next time I will bring my own small fan.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear UC Davis Mom,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to tripadvisor!

Thank you for your comments about our "clean" hotel and our very friendly associates. I was dispaointed to see that you had some challenges with our thermostat. We are working on putting together some easy to follow instructions for the thermostat. I was was suprised to see that you had a challenge with the softness of our mattress. We elected to install upgraded bedding including mattresses and linen's. We would love the opportunity to make up for the challenges you had with your room.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This Hampton Inn caught me by surprise. It had a higher level of luxury and comfort beyond what I had come to expect from Hampton Inns. The location to the capitol is within walking distance and it's a great place to stay. the staff is very friendly and the breakfast was a good way to start your day.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Swift V,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to tripadvisor. Our hotel is truly a unique "boutique" hotel in comparison to other Hampton Inns. Our truly unique Austin decor and featured local artwork really gives our guests a great experience. We have a great location near the University and Capitol. Thank you for noticing that our staff is very friendly and that our breakfast met your expectations. We look forward to your next visit to Austin!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Hampton was a very good choice. The staff was very helpful all the time. The hotel is very clean, beautiful and organized. I really liked the breakfast too. The location also helped a lot, and it is very close to the University. Certainly I am staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Pmaier,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to tripadvisor. We appreciate your comments about our hotel and agree the hotel is clean, beautiful and organized. Thank you for noticing that our staff is helpful. We look forward to your next trip to Austin.

Sean Fitzerald

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I had the pleasure to spend only one night at this fabulously modern up-beat hotel. If you visit, you will find the staff to be extremely friendly and accommodating. The art work in the lobby and in and about the hotel was outstanding and unique for a Hampton Inn (other than the Hampton Inn & Suites I visited in Miami, Florida which has an equally nice public art collection). This Hampton Inn & Suites is well located close to the UT campus and all the University venues. It is close to where you want to be. The rooms are nicely appointed, has a refrigerator (which I did not have the opportunity to use), and the usual superior amenities you find in a Hampton Inn. I highly recommend it if you are in Austin.

Dear BikerBoyFlorida,

Thank you for taking the time to post a response on tripadvisor. I was delighted that you were our guest in our "modern up-beat hotel". Thank you for commenting on our "extremely and acommodating staff". Our staff takes great pride in our hotel and I was glad t see noticed. We agree that our artwork is unique and compliments the decor gives our guests a truly "Austin" experience. We look forward to your next visit to Austin!