“We'll be back”
Review of iPic Theaters

iPic Theaters
Ranked #22 of 57 Fun & Games in Austin
More attraction details
Owner description: iPic presents our guests with a unique movie experience where they can relax and escape with great comfort, hospitality and amenities
Athens, Alabama
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“We'll be back”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

While recently visiting family in Austin, we went to see a movie at the iPic theater. What a treat! The recliners are so comfy, the staff is so attentive and nice, and the food is delicious. We'll be coming back next time we're in town. Just make sure you register for the online membership to get discounted pricing. (Even with the discount, it's a little expensive...$18 per ticket, but so worth it for special occasions!)

Visited July 2013
3 Thank JayBeeRN
Karen P, Guest Relations Manager at iPic Theaters, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the ultimate movie going experience at iPic Theaters, and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Colorado
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 147 helpful votes
“Best movie experience EVER”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was an unexpected stop during our vacation in Austin on a rainy day. This movie theater is so awesome! If you look on their website you can see a seating map of the seat. YES you are going to pay more a movie here. It is more than just a movie it is an experience. We sat in the upper section so it was just my hubby and I was in our space. We had a little table between our recliners. The recliners were supper comfy and had pillows and blankets. We also had our own waiter who brought us drinks and food during the movie. Additionally, there is a pool table and bar in the entry way so you can hang out before you go into the movie. Perfect for a date!

If you look on their website you can pick you seats in advance.

Visited June 2013
Karen P, Guest Relations Manager at iPic Theaters, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review! We appreciate your comments, and we look forward to providing you with another five star experience next time you visit!
Pflugerville, Texas
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Disappointed for what you DON'T get for the cost of a ticket”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Yes, it's a beautiful theater with comfy seating but I'm not interested in a class system and that's what you get. For the movie I chose to see, my ticket option was limited to the $19 non-member "Premium" seat which was Row 2 looking into the very large nostrils of the on screen movie actors. I was left to fend for my own food and bus my own little tray table -- beats me where I was supposed to take my dirty dishes, so I chose the unattended tray filled with water glasses to be distributed to the "Premium Plus" ticket holders.

For an extra $10 (and if not already sold out) I could have purchased the "Premium Plus" seating to lounge in a recliner with a blanket. I have no idea if the blankets are changed out between shows but my first thought was Ewww! I also would have received the services of a waitstaff member who I discovered thought nothing of talking aloud around the "Premium" seat ticket holders. I guess its best to be loud and attentive to the patrons who will be tipping you.

And for all the posh of the place, why wrap your cheap disposable plastic ware in nice thick napkins to accompany the very trendy porcelain plates?

Non-Member "Premium" Seat Movie Ticket: $19
Housemade Meatball Trio: $14
Small Fancy Glass Bottle of Water: $5

Alamo Draft House or Flix Brew House would have been a much better value, I would have been treated equally among everyone in the theater, and the seating much more comfortable -- for seeing the exact same movie.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank LauraMOAustin_TX
Austin, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

First class venue all the way from the ticket counter-bar area-lobby-seating and food/service. Everyone should go here at least once. The ultimate way to see a movie

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“movie set up great, food just so-so”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

loved the recliners to watch the movie, but the food was just ok. Drinks were pretty heavy on the 'mixers', and the appetizers got to us cold. The angle of the seats makes it virtually impossible to eat or drink without ending up wearing at least part of your meal.

Been to iPic Theaters? Share your experiences!