“Best way to watch a movie in all of U.S.”
Review of Alamo Drafthouse

Alamo Drafthouse
Ranked #504 of 3,727 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Austin, Texas, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best way to watch a movie in all of U.S.”
Reviewed October 16, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Without a doubt, Alamo Drafthouse has established the new standard of how movies should be watched/experienced. Better than any other, there is honestly no competition.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank David L

austin
“favourite cinema experience”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Service can be a hit and miss sometimes, with slow food orders but overall food is nice, and they get delivered to your seat during the show.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank lymissen
Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts
“Such a great time!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My sister got my husband and I tickets to our favorite movie for our honeymoon: Fast Times at Ridgemont High and we had an awesome time! There weren't too many people there, and I love that if you arrive late you do NOT get seated. The waiters were great, and were always coming around...drinks don't stay empty for long! We are from New England and don't really have anything like this--so it was such a great time for us! It was a tough choice for my sister with choosing a movie, because they have many greats to choose from! The food, atmosphere, cleanliness and overall experience was perfect! I wish that we had one where we lived!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank kbbellone
“Unbelievable! Best food and movie place ever!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have been here a number of times! Excellent food, and service. Book your tickets online and you can reserve your seats. The food is excellent! I get the spicy blue cheese burger, wow, I've thought about getting one to go on nights I am not wanting to watch a movie. Maybe one of the best burgers in Austin.

Visited July 2013
Little Rock, Arkansas
“GREAT idea!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a fantastic idea! We were short on time, didn't have time for dinner and a movie, and Alamo Drafthouse was all in one! The seats were comfortable, the tables were big enough, and it was a great experience. The chastising message about "no texting, no talking, or we'll kick you out without a refund" was unfortunately necessary, but sometimes during a movie you want to say, "what did she say" or something like, that and I was a little afraid to. Also, eating without being able to see your food was a little odd, and it was hard to read the bill in the dark (they give you the bill and you pay while the lights are still out). I wanted to use my cell phone to provide light to settle the bill, but that's against the rules. If they could figure out how to have a tiny little light (like a candle flicker) on the table, that would be better. Cool venue, comfy seats, clean theatre, good food, not too expensive, we were able to pick our own seats online before the show - really convenient. Can't wait to go again.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Alamo Drafthouse? Share your experiences!