“5 Star Service”

Driskill Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #127 of 3,699 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Drinks, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 6th Street
texas
“5 Star Service”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Old fashioned 5 star service where Maitre D and waiter were both very attentive and extremely knowledgeable about wine and food. Excellent dinner but selections are heavily steak related, some fish, one vegetarian. A nice place with tons of character as is the entire Hotel. Hoping it does not get genericized by recent acquisition by Hyatt. Be sure to visit the bar even if you do not dine there...its a classic and I believe you can order food delivered out into bar as well...we have gotten appetizers in the past.

• Visited April 2013

Washington, DC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great breakfast spot”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great breakfast restaurants. It opens EARLY which is great when you are traveling. Very cool hotel. They encouraged us to walk around and take in the ambiance.

New Jersey
“Good food & nice place to visit”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I visit Austin twice a year, every year, and for some reason neber ate here. My friends told me to go for lunch & to be sure to walk around the lobby and the bar to see all the weatern art. Before I get to the cafe/food, be sure you do walk around in the bar to see everything. I asked my Austin friends to come her for lunch and we did. The menu isn't huge but anyone can find something to eat there. My all got sandwiches and had choices of fries that come with it. They make their own kettle fries there and there were very good. It is an average cafe and the food was good. It's worth it to eat there since the atmosphere is cozy. Staff was quick to take our orders and were always there to fill up our cokes.
I went a 2nd day by myself to get a mocha cappucino and a dessert. The brownies are homemade there and worth it. I was not happy with my bill since when I paid a $8.68 bill, they did that round-up garbage and from my $20.00 bill, I only got back 1 single and a ten dollar bill. So, unfortunately, my waitress was only left with a single. So......pay with a credit card so they don't do that to you too.

• Visited March 2013
Auburn, California
“Restaurant on 6th street”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

From standing at the host stand to getting a drink, very long wait - food was disappointing too - only did dinner, would not go back - lots of options real close I liked better

Los Angeles, California
“cool vibe, but service was a little slow”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The place is a great bar for happy hour, and the drinks are interesting, but the service was pretty slow. They recommend a hibiscus vodka drink that is their specialty, but it was a little odd. I would go for their blackberry old fashioned over that...