“Lovely food, lovely staff, beautiful building”

Driskill Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #141 of 3,972 Restaurants in Austin
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 6th Street
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We ended up coming here twice for breakfast. We came here on our first day in Austin and were so glad we did. The interior of the hotel is beautiful, the food was just what we needed and we had a lovely waiter - Ju. We both ordered pancakes with fruit on the first morning and I ordered the texan waffle (shaped like Texas and delicious) on the second visit. Both were delicious and just what I needed. Our waiter was really friendly and gave us some great tips on where to visit in Austin - so glad we followed his advice. I really hope I can come back to this place sometime soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We went to brunch on a Sunday. Although we needed to wait for a table, we were able to walk around the hotel and see the amazing decore. The place has been beautifully restored and the details were very interesting. I ordered the pecan crusted french toast and it was wonderful. Others at the table raved about the smoothies and burgers. This is a place to go for a treat!

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

After working the Austin Marathon I had breakfast at the Driskill hotel. Nothing is open downtown in Austin on Sunday morning, so I ate at a hotel and was quite surprised that hotel food was so good. I would go back anytime. Huevos rancheros is amazing and the coffee was good.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Lounge Restaurant is a great place to unwind and have cocktails and enjoy live music. We also enjoyed dinner at the bar with our Irish bartender. The local Tito's Vodka martini's were terrific. We had bacon wrapped Medjool dates, Street Tacos, and a half Fried Chicken 'Kissed' with honey.

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Went to the Driskill for lunch on a Wednesday at 1:00 pm for lunch. Hostess told us it would be a 10 minute wait. We waited for over 20 minutes. When finally sat we waited another 10 minutes for a server. Ordered burgers. The ketchup on the table was empty had to get up and ask for more. Also had to ask for a refill on my ice tea. Would not go back.