“Good duck.”

Bob's Steak & Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Bob's Steak & Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 3,783 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 3rd
Description: BOB’S STEAK AND CHOP Our Steaks Are Prime, Our Portions Big & Our Drinks Stiff. Since the opening of the first Bob’s Steak & Chop House in Dallas, Texas, in 1993, the name “Bob’s” has been synonymous with a great steakhouse experience. Building on the reputation we earned at our original Dallas location, Bob’s has opened restaurants nationwide that offer the best cuts of meat available. Each Bob’s location has its own unique personality, but all strictly uphold the same exceptional dining and service standards. We treat each customer as a VIP at every location, so you can dine with us in Dallas, San Francisco or Nashville, and feel like you are at your favorite Bob’s every time. Our combination of simple elegance, lively atmosphere, big drinks, fine wines and large cuts of the finest prime steaks, chops and seafood make Bob’s the best steakhouse in any town. It starts with our beef. Always Prime, we hand select our steaks from the top 2% of all beef. Perfectly trimmed and expertly grilled, our steaks are the best anywhere. To accompany our steaks we make every dish in house; from our famous pickles and even more famous warm loaves of bread, to all our sides and desserts. Our chefs keep it simple; no gimmicks, no list of ingredients you can’t pronounce. We don’t try to prove how smart we are, but rather how smart you are for dining at Bob’s. Bob’s Steak & Chop House has continually been recognized as one of the best steakhouses in the country, and continues to serve up the high caliber of service and steaks for which we’ve become known. Come visit us at any Bob’s location and enjoy the taste of prime beef served by people who take real pride in the name “Bob’s Steak & Chop House. ”Located in the heart of downtown Austin, Bob's Steak & Chop House is an Austin Steakhouse that offers the best. It is mere blocks from the Austin Convention Center, Austin City Limits and the State Capital. The only Bob's location to offer full dining on our luxurious roof top bar!
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have been to Bob's on several occasions and usually get a steak, which is always good and properly prepared. On my last visit last week I tryed the half roasted duck and it was very tasty. Why half of a duck had two legs, I am not sure , but nonetheless it was quite good. Service was outstanding and I will surely be back.

There are newer reviews for Bob's Steak & Chop House

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had planned on going to Three Forks, saw Bobs and decided to give it a try. The decor is OK, nothing special and not as nice as other similar restaurants like Flemings and Three Forks.
The service was good.
The quality of the bone in KC strip I had was as good as I've had in Austin. Unfortunately, the rest of what we had was not memorable.
Starting with the lobster bisque which was too thin and not rich enough - I felt like adding butter at the table..I had wanted a Caesar but saw some salads going by and they looked unappetizing.
The entree is served with choice of potatoe, the "smashed" style was not very good. They also brag about this whole carrot they serve. It's glazed and while it was cooked well, it didn't pair with a steak and red wine. Kind of bizarre actually. It would have been good with roast chicken.
We passed on dessert.
I think this place may edge out Vince Young, but it's not as good as Flemings, Perry's or Three Forks.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Bob's looks very nice, reminds me of Parisian restaurants - low lighting, waiters in whites, nice ambience. If only the food was as good.
I had a salad that literally had bacon bits on the top, it tasted as though they'd been bought at Wallmart. The dressing was in a pool at the bottom.
My husband had crab cakes - 2 very small ones. At 29 dollars I thought that was rather expensive. The sauce they were in was strong and unpleasant, it had not been reduced properly. The potatoes were like a brown sludge and the whole carrot it was served with was frankly weird.
All in all I think the food was poor and overpriced.

1  Thank VeggiegirlMarlow
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We had a great meal with nice atmosphere. My husband had a great steak. I loved the Chilean Sea Bass. We enjoyed the scalloped potatoes. The service was really good without being intrusive.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

While service good, the steaks for our group of four were routinely of poor quality. Not what one would have expected. New, but no excuse.

Been to Bob's Steak & Chop House? Share your experiences!