“silly fun.”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“silly fun.”
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

worth it if you like fun, silly stuff. we were pleased to see artwork by Billy Martinez in the gift shop in front. love his stuff. the wx figures photograph beautifully and the girl working the front was a dear. the architecture of the building itself was worth the price of admission.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank 2nuts

Denton, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Groovy!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We loved the museum of the weird. My wife and I were the only ones walking through the self-guided portion and were met by one of the side-show performers to enjoy the side-show performance. It was very quirky, a little creepy, kind of awesome, and a ton of fun.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank NeuroLPC
Austin, Texas, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“PAY THE $8.00 TO SEE THE LIVE SHOW!! DONT FORGET TO TIP THE GUYS!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Loved the show...won't ruin it for you, but you won't be disappointed. Don't be afraid to volunteer onstage...I did! :]

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Paula D
Summit, New Jersey
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Learned Something, But Not What Expected”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The Museum of the Weird was an interesting experience, but much, much smaller than I had expected. There's not all that much to it. the exhibits they do have are interesting- now I know how to shrink a head!- but not plentiful. The show at the end was not really my speed- I'm not into people mutilating themselves or hurting themselves- but some of the people I was with seemed to enjoy it, and the guys were funny. I would really only recommend it if people want a half-hour or so to fill some time. It's certainly much smaller and much lesser in general than their website led me to believe. Important note: it does not seem to be handicapped accessible. There are stairs that are difficult to navigate (stone, varying size.) I was on crutches at the time and would not recommend doing it again in that situation.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank KAB323
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Really!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Ok, we were looking for something to do, it was a rainy day. Saw this and decided we would go. This place is a joke. I am not upset cause it was only $21 for us. But really, all the artifacts are stuffed animals, nothing is real, and it really is a 10 step walk through the mueseum. Then the "show", which was 10 min of a nail through the nose and a guy holding a battery cable. Really, don't go. It's really such a joke.

Visited January 2013