“Good Thai food. Try it”

Blue Bamboo
Ranked #2,130 of 3,801 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled across this place while shopping in Bee Caves. Really good Thai food. Big portions. Mild hot was just right for me. I would recommend giving it a try. I had a rice dish with chicken, shrimp and beef and lots of veggies.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Consistently terrible and unattentive service. Food is good so. I always put up with the crappy service until last night when I served a drink with a lipstick print on the glass. The waiter tried to tell me it was detergent from the cleaning. !?!?!? I ask for a new glass and he pours the drink out of the dirty glass into the clean glass. I left after that. So done.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Blue bamboo is a great spot for some good Thai food. The sizzling chicken never disappoints and the the thom kha soup is highly addictive! The chicken skewers are zesty and a good appetizer.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Either they've change cooks, suppliers or recipes--stuff isn't as good as it used to be. Kind of bland, rubbery and ho-hum. I agree with KrisPeanut, for the price you pay, not a nickle goes into ambience--and this place isn't cheap. The waitstaff seem like they should be working on 6th Street, not at all in line with the clientele.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We have eaten here twice - once for lunch and once for dinner. The food is great --- good selection of Thai/Viet dishes that are good quality and very tasty. That's the upside. Downside is that the waiters are mainly young boys who have not perfected the art of serving yet. The food comes out too quickly and you end up feeling kind of rushed through the whole process. The lights are also VERY bright in the restaurant, which makes it feel kind of cafetaria-ish...no ambience at all.

I think with a few small changes -- not rushing the service and dimming the lights a bit, the restaurant could improve the overall quality of the experience.

We will probably go back, but only for lunch. We'll go somewhere more atmospheric for dinners out.

1  Thank KrisPeanut

Been to Blue Bamboo? Share your experiences!