“Nice surprise in Lakeway”

Cho Sushi Japanese Fusion
Ranked #371 of 3,972 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to Cho Sushi, a high-energy, family-friendly Japanese Fusion Restaurant. Our innovative menu includes the freshest fish and sushi as well as Kobe Beef and Japanese Ribeye Steaks. We also carry an impressive wine and sake list, in addition to a variety of domestic and imported beers. Our goal is for our guests to appreciate Japanese Fusion as the ultimate comfort food. We strive to make each dining experience easy and enjoyable so that we can look forward to serving you again! We welcome all comments and suggestions on how we can make Cho Sushi Japanese Fusion your favorite restaurant! Check out our exclusive 'Happy Hour' menu. Thank you. DOMO!
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Don't be put off by the strip mall location. Had a wonderful Bento box- sushi and cooked fish-went back twice. A great place for lunch.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

The happy hour is perfect. A very extensive menu. My husband and I enjoyed our time at the sushi bar and were full when we left. Great quality. Our server was wonderful. Host, bar tender, and waited on us. Keep up the good work.

The vibe of the place is nice for being in a strip mall. We will come back and try it again. Prices in line for the quality.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I have to say that after reading the reviews I was expecting a lot better. I tried the Lakeway location. I understand that the "Fusion" concept should mean the joining of different culinary cultures and here the idea is to mix Japanese and some Tex-Mex tastes. Unfortunately, in my opinion the result is not great. Mixing tastes does not mean to just mix foods. In my experience at Cho sushi the rolls mix too many tastes, resulting not in a "fusion" but more in an "unbalanced mix" of flavours. The idea is good but the result could be greatly improved. Spicy is good when it blends well with the rest. Spice that covers all other ingredients does not qualify, for me, as a good result. Whole Foods sushi for me, is a definitely better trade-off between quality and price (even there is no "fusion" there).

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Stopped for dinner tonight, rolls are boring and quality was HEB level... Won't return! One of the rolls was made with fake crab salad!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

First, let me say I've had my fair share of Sushi and Sashimi. My husband and I chose to give this place a shot while visiting my in-laws who live in Austin as it is near their home. We were quite pleased with the food and service. Our server was gracious enough to bring me some ginger right away (I'm pregnant and had heartburn). We ordered appetizers (seaweed salad-perhaps the best I've had- and Blackened Tuna Tataki-which my husband loved). We also ordered the Sushi and Sashimi Combo (it was fresh and the perfect temperature) as well as the 3 Roll Combo (the Philadelphia: light and the flavors melded nicely- Unagi Roll: my husband's favorite - and Spicy tuna: I loved it as it didn't have that thick sauce most sushi restaurants put on them). We also shared a large hot sake as well as a Sake Sangria. And for dessert we shared the green tea ice cream...we didn't have room for it but I love green tea ice cream and we rarely get out anymore as we have children.

If this review were based on food and service alone, I'd rate it a 5. However, the music was loud and difficult to have a conversation over. When we arrived, the place was mostly empty (we are early eaters). However, it filled up quickly. We thought it was loud when we first arrived. But once it fills, it is VERY loud.

I would go here again....just at the very opening so as to keep the noise level to a minimum.