“Old honkey tonk rides - but a good time!”
Review of Kiddie Acres

Kiddie Acres
Ranked #117 of 329 things to do in Austin
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

We needed something to do this afternoon and we googled things to do in austin for kids. We got the kids 25 tickets and we use almost all of them. They had a fun time, very small place but cute! They loved the pony rides and the train!

1  Thank Cbs3383

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Maybe Sundays? My granddaughter is 8 and can still enjoy rides. It's nothing fancy or big but something to do for about an hour or two. Train ride, ponies, miniature golf (not a real nice one), small ferris wheel type ride, merry go round, airplanes, boats that basically go around in circles, snack bar.

4  Thank critiquing
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Love, love, love this place! I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old and it's hard to find places to take them that they will enjoy without causing me a huge amount of stress.
This place is perfect. It's small enough that no one can get lost, and there's virtually no
walking between rides (or from the car) or waiting in long lines (like at the big amusement parks). And my daughter LOVES the ponies!
The employees are really nice, and you are allowed to ride on big the rides with your kids (for free).
Everything is geared toward the 6 and under set though, so I wouldn't bother taking kids older than 7 or so.
I've seen other reviews that claim the rides are unsafe, but they all have up do date inspection stickers. Yes, you can see a bit of rust and some flaking paint, but really, that's not the same thing as unsafe. All the rides are slow little kid rides like cars and airplanes going around in circles at 2mph anyway. There's really no reason to worry.
I'm hoping to have both my kids' birthdays here next year!

4  Thank Toastlady
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I take my two year old daughter here quite a bit. She loves it. It's nothing fancy and not very big but what do you expect when you are taking kids 6 and under. The employees are young but it doesn't take a genius to run the rides. I have never met nicer people at an amusement park before. Also it is a family business type deal so you can expect the prices to be a little high. I think it's great what these people decided to do. You can't find very many places like this for younger children. My daughter loves it there so I have to say that over all it is a decent place if you actually are going for your children..

4  Thank Tasha P
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stopped by here with my 5 and 2 year old children after hearing a little bit about it online and looking for something appropriate for little ones. This place should be condemned. There are signed all around asking parents to help get their children in and out of the rides, I am sure because the staff are so young. It is dusty, dirty, old, and the peeling paint is probably lead based. I am so glad I had gone to Austin for other business and not made a special trip. Like many other reviewed I bout the $30 pack of tickets which was extremely expensive for these rides. Go to Lakeline Mall and ride the indoor carousel - much more enjoyable.

1  Thank Lyn A