“Great little venue with surprising good food”
Review of One World Theatre

One World Theatre
Ranked #53 of 327 things to do in Austin
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We were glad to see Joan Osbourne coming to Austin. Never having been to One World Theatre we did not know what to expect. I was a little annoyed that we needed to buy dinner with the tickets (I understand they have changed their policy since)
The theatre was kind of out of the way and hidden from the street. Once we got there the parking was easy and we got checked in quickly. Well we each had a small steak for dinner. The steak was perfect with a good salad and excellent dessert. I think there was a choice of fish, pasta and steak. Overall the meal was much better than expected - maybe slightly pricy but not out of line by any means. On our next visit (yes we will be back) I think I will again buy the dinner package.
After dinner we stopped in a lobby area to listen to a live jazz type group. Very good wished we had an extra hour to listen to them but it was time for the Osbourne concert.
Joan Osbourne was GREAT. The Theatre was GREAT - small so you are very close to the performers.
The show started right on time and was very well done.
We are looking forward to returning.

There are newer reviews for One World Theatre

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Been going to this venue for over 10 years. It is so unique. Small size makes each event feel very intimate. Drinks before hand downstairs bar. Excellent views from the venue looking at the mountains. Love the owners. Acoustics are great and the people who work there are all very nice. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

This is not the venue for you if you have a temporary or permanent disability. There are two handicapped spots a short walk from the stage If you want to use the restroom, visit the bar or go to the box office you need to navigate either a steep curved and somewhat uneven driveway or a set of steps that go along side it. The three stalls in the woman's restroom are not accommodating for a wheel chair. They are quite narrow so even crutches or a walker would be problematical.

I'm not a fanatic about ADA compliance but I was at a private party here after twisting my ankle the day before and the three flights of stairs that I was led up was a real challenge. Our hosts informed us that the staff was supposed to give a lift to the upper walkway for anyone who needed it. We saw tthree staff members lounging in the golf cart when we arrived and when I struggled down the walkway at intermission there were five staff members smoking outside the upper door with the golf cart parked nearby. My husband drove around to pick me up after the
event. Another woman waited outside for some time before a staff member gave her a lift.

Management seems to think they have this covered. They don't.

1  Thank Leslie M
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Had a very good dinner here prior to the concert. Then had front row seats to the Outlaws concert. I mean FRONT ROW! Literally 3 feet from the stage. Only 300 seats in the theatre so all seats are good. Great setting. Only complaint was going outside, down the very dimly lit stairs to the bar at intermission. A couple of lights in that area would help. Otherwise ESCELLENT! Loved it.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

A civilized, intimate venue for patrons of a certain age and taste level. Lovely lobby/reception area. Striking Hill Country views. Easy access and parking.

The theatre is small enough that every seat is a good one. The acoustics are a delight. Performers love it.

Find a performance. Go.