“Unique menu”
Review of Salty Sow

Salty Sow
Reserve with OpenTable
Salty Sow is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 3,871 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Poquito St
Description: Salty Sow comes out of the gate offering exotic and staple cuts — all under $16 — in one of the best spaces in Austin
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We took our future daughter-in-law to The Salty Sow for her birthday. The menu is very different - so if you are looking to break out of the "same old, same old" rut, try this restaurant. One thing I especially liked is the attention they pay to their sides - delicious and unique. Try the crispy brussels sprout leaves!

The night we were there, the service was poor, however. My son and his fiance had been there before and said that this probably was not typical. We had several significant service lapses - such as server never returning to refill water and tea, giving our dessert to the next table (and then making us wait forever for ours and doing nothing to compensate for it).

It IS noisy, so be forewarned about that. But, the food is worth it.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We loved the happy hour...great drink prices but best of all the appetizers were not your typical bar food. Each appetizer was unique and tasty. I know this sounds strange but the brussell sprouts were the best. We would like to return when it's warmer outside since the deck looked inviting.

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Loved their duck fat fries,beet salad,bone marrow and sautéed brussel sprouts.the bananas foster beignets are to die for,plenty for 4 although they should add another scoop of the nutmeg ice cream.
Service was excellent.Downside-very noisy and only seats available were high top tables with very uncomfortable metal stools

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Hip atmosphere and AMAZING food!!! I was blown away by everything we tried on the menu. Great ambience. Our group of five had a really terrific, celebratory evening.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have lived in Austin my entire life & have never had a "favorite restaurant" until now. I had several that I loved, but I can proudly say The Salty Sow is my favorite. I have been here several times now, trying to bring everyone I know. Their food is just amazing. I haven't tried 1 thing yet that I didn't love. The Crispy Brussel Sprout Leaves are soemthing you have to order, so amazing! I will be coming back a lot!