“Treehouse patio!”
Review of Olive & June

Olive & June
Reserve with OpenTable
Olive & June is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #249 of 3,700 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 35th Street
Description: olive and june is a new Italian restaurant by Chef Shawn Cirkiel of parkside & the backspace. Serving piccolo piatti, antipasti, daily homemade pastas, entrees grilled over Texas oak, contorni & Italian dolci.
“Treehouse patio!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Awesome patio experience! It feels like you're in a treehouse.

We went for Monday all day 1/2 off piccoli piatti and 1/2 off wine by the glass. It was a very affordable way to experience the restaurant. The plates are VERY small. But with 1/2 off they're worth it.

The blue crab roll, quail and pacquiao peppers were all delicious. The only downside to the quail was it was slightly over fatty.

They also have a happy hour every night until 6:30 that includes more plates for a discount.

• Visited August 2013

Austin, Texas
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a lovely contemporary restaurant with two levels of outdoor seating under a huge oak tree. We decided to sit inside because it was 100 degrees outside – good choice as the inside is nice and we had a view of the outside patio. Our party of four was promptly seated and our server appeared quickly to take drink orders and suggest appetizers. On Mondays the appetizers are half price all evening, so we had five different ones. They were small about a bite or two to each so we were not able to divide four ways. I ordered the special of the evening, gnocchi with lamb ragu, which was excellent. One in our party order the rabbit dish and it was also excellent. One of the entrée dishes was mixed up and without hesitation they comped it and promptly got the correct order out. We ordered three desserts, peach trio, rice pudding, and espresso gelato. All were exceptional. Service was attentive but not obtrusive. We will return to sample other menu choices.

• Visited July 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Wont go back”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Went for dinner with another couple. Very nice feel and setting upon arrival. Ordered the Bloody Mary with Balsamic and didn't like that at all. Taken to a table in the upstairs part of restaurant and asked to be moved as group on corner table were so loud and this made us realize the decor did not lend itself to absorbing any of the noise whatsoever. We were moved to a booth table but still high noise levels. Furniture not comfortable. However we were excited to try the small bites and the pasta which we were told was home made came highly recommended. When i asked our table after the meal what they were blown away by and would definitely re order, the answer was none of it. The small bites were uneventful and my risotto was so cheesy that it was unpleasant to eat and I left it. The pasta did not taste home made at as when i tried 2 of the other dishes the pasta was very hard around the edges and not a soft consistency at all.

• Visited July 2013
Dallas, Texas
“My 2nd time here and my expectations were exceeded”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Don't miss this hidden gem. Its in an old modern house in north austin and has an incredible patio with a monster old tree that shades it well. Or dine inside the modern dining room but take some ear plugs. While the 4 of us enjoyed creative cruisine and the fun servers, the noise level is a bit loud to communicate without shouting. The owner of this restaurant also owns Parkside downtown on 6th street, but this is less touresty and more locals dine here. Its an upscale restaurant with a very creative genius behind the open kitchen counter.
My 2nd visit and I was not disppointed!

Visited July 2013
Waco, Texas
“True Love”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were in Austin to visit friends. They brought us to what I consider one of the best restaurants I've eaten at in a very long time. We had several small plates to start. All were very good. My main plate was stuffed rabbit loin which was cooked to perfection. I don't see rabbit on a menu often so when I do, I order it. My husband had the veal which was also perfectly cooked. We split a side of green beans...all just perfect. They had an excellent wine selection by the glass which paired well with the food.
For dessert I had a peach trio with angel food cake, sorbet and candied peaches...yummy. My husband had an espresso gelato and panna cotta which were equally as good.
We sat indoors which was loud, but a good trade off because it was very hot outside. In fact I felt sorry for a couple of the waiters because they were in long sleeve white jackets and drenched in perspiration. That was the only unappetizing part of the evening.
We will most definitely go back again.

• Visited June 2013