“Impress Your Date”

Lenoir
Ranked #143 of 3,992 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Great new restaurant. Lots of buzz from foodies. Locally sourced, creative food.
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We just had a celebration dinner at Lenoir that was absolutely terrific. The place is comfortable and cozy. It allows for intimate conversation; the service is excellent and not intrusive.

The food is unique and fantastic. They have a prix fixe menu that allows you to select 3 courses from a menu of 4 choices. The food is fresh and the flavor mixes are delicious. The salads are crisp, the meats are tender and the desserts are perfect for ending a great meal.

The meal is not rushed, plan to spend at least 1 1/2 hours enjoying yourself. The wine choices are plentiful and varied but a little pricey. However, the food is reasonably priced for the excellent quality and environment. This is definitely the place to take someone you want to impress without breaking the bank.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Nothing can go wrong at the Lenoir. If you are up to an experience in food you need to treat yourself at this VERY small restaurant.

They can one meal with about 4 courses. Choose the vine tasting with it and experience different tastes with each course.

Not a restaurant you go to every day, but for those special moment :-)

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I took my friend here for her birthday along with another friend of ours. The inside of the restaurant is so cozy. It's small but also the decorations and seating give it a very intimate feel, and reminded me of 'hygge' if anyone is familiar with the Danish term. The waiter was fantastic, he was friendly, knowledgable, didn't rush us, and helped us pick out wine. The food was very good. I loved that the meal was made up of several small plates. Since there were 3 of us we got all 3 appetizers, 3 different entrees, and all 3 desserts and shared all of them. Everything was good but some stand outs to me were a persimmon salad with a nut butter, a tapioca pudding with lemon curd, and a sausage and crawfish wrap. Of course they all had lots of other fancy ingredients that I can't remember. Definatly a memorable meal.

1  Thank SaraK987
Reviewed October 9, 2013

in a world where innovate foodstuffs cost an arm and a leg it is great to see Lenoir shaking it up by providing tasty, creative dishes at an affordable price. the dining experience is well curated with a great staff that is knowledgably and friendly and serves you with no pretention.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My wife and I have eaten in most of the nice restaurants in DC, Austin and St Martin. Lenoir ranks with them all. We started with the red and white vermouth house drinks. Very nice especially the coffee infused red. The waiter Chris was perfect. Very friendly when my wife and I were ordering and asking questions and unobtrusive while we ate.
The food had decent size portions, not large and not tiny. Everything was done well. The cucumber salad, softshell crawfish and poached cobia were incredible.
We were a little worried when we did not have a table to our selves. But when we arrived and had the short side of the dinner bar we had more than enough privacy.

1  Thank robegraham