“Huge tower seen from anywere.”

University of Texas Tower
Austin Icons Bicycle Tour
United States
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Huge tower seen from anywere.”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

After leaving the state capital I noticed that there was a tower about a mile away that I could see. As it was approaching sundown I wanted to get a glimpse of what it was. Next thing I know Im on the campus taking picture of this huge tower. I don't know if you can go inside or not. I took a few pictures and walked back. Nice if you are in the area

Visited August 2013
1 Thank LAMERV20

• Korean first
Dallas, Texas
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Historical Landmark”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We registered for the tour over the phone. They encourage us to come 30 minutes earlier to make the payment at Student Union building. Tour price is decent.
Love our tour guide. He's very knowledgeable and friendly. You can see the whole Austin when you're on top of the Tower. There are binoculars that you can use. The Tower is made famous especially after several unfortunate incidents that took place there.
Good venue to bring visitors.

Visited May 2013
Austin Texas
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Texas History”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I am so glad the tower is open for visitor's We took my grandson last summer. The guide was wonderful, however the topic of the "shooting" was off limits.
My husband was on campus on the drag that day. He was one of the lucky one's.. No it does not define the tower, but it is part of it's history. The guides need to address it and move on. The views are wonderful .. Only suggestion, do not take your grandson ( age 13) in July at 2.00 P.M. when the temps are 100 plus.. Thank goodness the tower has A/C inside...OH, don't forget to visit the beautiful libary's the tower is more than the top.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Nancy-Jane G
Round Rock, Texas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Must see place”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Used to run around this when I worked downtown. I would run from the River, around the Capital and loop around this and DKR on my way back to the Gym. There is a lot to see on campus from this vantage point. More of a landmark than anything else- most people want their picture taken in front of the Littlefield Fountain (http://goo.gl/l24SJ) with the Tower shining in the background. If you are lucky - you can get it not only when illuminated Orange - but with the Number 1 lit (like today - Go Women's Volleyball - Nat'l Champs).

Visited September 2012
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“What a view from a great University”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

There is nothing like seeing this landmark lit up burnt orange after a UT victory! Unfortunately I have only been up to the top one time and it was many years ago. This tower is a big piece of Austin history and stands high in the skyline of Austin. Come experience it for yourself!

Been to University of Texas Tower? Share your experiences!