“Unique Flavors” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lick Honest Ice Creams

Lick Honest Ice Creams
Ranked #4 of 96 Dessert in Austin
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: To us, honest ice creams simply means we use only pure, wholesome ingredients in our artisanal ice creams. What doesn't go into our ice creams is just as important as what does. We never use artificial colors or flavors, high fructose corn syrup or preservatives, ever! Ice cream shouldn't just taste good - we believe it should also be good.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Unique Flavors”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

My daughter loved the beet & mint ice cream. We also enjoyed other exotic flavors like cilantro-lime.

Visited April 2014

• Korean first
Monroe, Louisiana
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Lick's ice cream is amazing!! I was in Austin for the weekend and was in the mood for something sweet. After reading a lot of mixed reviews I wasn't sure what to expect as far as texture goes but I decided to give it a try anyways. I am so glad I did!!! I had milk chocolate and coffee in a waffle cone, everything was delicious. The texture is more like homemade ice cream and less like something you buy in a store.

They also have vegan options as well!

Northampton, Massachusetts, USA
“Ice milk, not ice cream”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

I'd have to agree with other reviewers: after sampling and eating a couple of flavors, I found myself not only underwhelmed, but thinking that I could've bought better mainstream supermarket ice cream. The texture was thin, a bit more like sherbet than ice cream, but with a sort of frozen-butter after-texture. Hard to describe, but unpleasant. The server was a sweetheart, but I will not return to appreciate her great service.

• Visited March 2014
Austin, TX
“Fun frozen tongue treats”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

We have been here several times and I have always had mixed feelings depending upon how frivolous I felt at the time. It is expensive for ice cream, but this is not your normal ice cream shop. If that is what you are after, go elsewhere and be happy. If you want something that challenges your palate and your noggin, this may be for you. They are quite happy to give you tastes of all their flavors. Take them up on it. You may find something that shakes your idea about what ice cream is or should be.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Austin, TX
“Perfect.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

I've read the reviews and I am a bit surprised by the "icy" comments. I've been twice, and both times the experience was outstanding. I am someone who has traveled the world, eating my way with ice cream, gelato, etc. I have to say that Lick was almost a religious experience for me. The orange chocolate was so perfect, I almost cried. Whoever created that flavor is my new best friend! I also enjoyed roasted beets and fresh mint although frankly other than the color I would have been hard-pressed to identify the flavor as anything more than mint, but nonetheless it was pleasant and not sickeningly sweet like so many other mint desserts. I found the staff to be extraordinarily friendly and willing to let us taste WAY too many flavors to make our final choices. I don't need mountains of ice cream, so to me, their scoops were manageable and allowed me to try two different flavors each time without feeling gorged afterwards. Sure, it's more expensive than Blue Bell. It's not in the same class. And although I've been a faithful customer of Amy's for a very long time, Lick really is in a class by itself. My only complaint is the location--I live 40 minutes from my Lick fix. Please open a Round Rock location!

• Visited February 2014