“Ehh”

Lick Honest Ice Creams
Ranked #5 of 104 Dessert in Austin
Description: To us, honest ice creams simply means we use only pure, wholesome ingredients in our artisanal ice creams. What doesn't go into our ice creams is just as important as what does. We never use artificial colors or flavors, high fructose corn syrup or preservatives, ever! Ice cream shouldn't just taste good - we believe it should also be good.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

To be fair, my wife loved the ice cream here me, not so much. I prefer a richer texture and this came across as more icy than creamy to me.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The ice cream is delicious, and the flavors--even the odd ones like goat cheese and thyme--are almost always perfect. The interior is fun and has that certain laid-back Austin vibe. The prices are a bit high, but it is reallllly good ice cream. However, the employees are not friendly and seem annoyed when you ask for samples, then there is a tip line on the iPad payment screen suggesting you tip 15, 20, or 25% for the thirty seconds it took for the scooper to condescendingly take your order. Lick owners, listen up! You've got the ice cream right, now work on the service.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

It wasn't worth the money. Blue Bell Ice Cream is much better in our book. We did find a cool place in San Antonio that serves homemade fruit popsicles that was yummy.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We decided to stop in because of the heat. I tried the coconut peanut butter with chocolate swirl and my husband tried the milk chocolate. I loved mine, but we both thought the milk chocolate was too sweet. I liked the texture of the ice cream - it seemed more home made. I also like that they use local and natural ingredients.

1  Thank cheesecakey
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I really enjoyed my scoop of Coconut and Avocado Curb. All the other flavors are as unique and tasty. Coming from Zilker park, you would turn into S Lamar and it's on your right where La Feria Mexican Restaurant is the landmark most visible.

1  Thank KennyKon