“Great on a hot day”

Lick Honest Ice Creams
Ranked #5 of 109 Dessert in Austin
Description: To us, honest ice creams simply means we use only pure, wholesome ingredients in our artisanal ice creams. What doesn't go into our ice creams is just as important as what does. We never use artificial colors or flavors, high fructose corn syrup or preservatives, ever! Ice cream shouldn't just taste good - we believe it should also be good.
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We decided to stop in because of the heat. I tried the coconut peanut butter with chocolate swirl and my husband tried the milk chocolate. I loved mine, but we both thought the milk chocolate was too sweet. I liked the texture of the ice cream - it seemed more home made. I also like that they use local and natural ingredients.

1  Thank cheesecakey

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I really enjoyed my scoop of Coconut and Avocado Curb. All the other flavors are as unique and tasty. Coming from Zilker park, you would turn into S Lamar and it's on your right where La Feria Mexican Restaurant is the landmark most visible.

1  Thank KennyKon
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and I stopped here after swimming at Barton Springs since it was so hot out and we heard Lick was really good. We tried 4 different types of ice cream, really small scoops of ice cream for more money then they were worth. The ice cream was good, all four flavors were interesting and flavorful, really well made. The service was not very personable, the servers seemed unhappy to wait on us.

1  Thank allie f
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately for Lick I write reviews and my wife doesn't. I think the problem is I like ice cream or gelato in basic flavors and the ice cream here had herbs and such mixed together which just did not work for me. So I don't fault Lick so much as their approach just didn't work for me.

1  Thank Robert L
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I love ice cream and this place does it right! They are gracious to let you sample so you can make an "educated" choice:) They make small batches of original and uniques flavors. The first time I had the dark chocolate with orange. Exquisite! Last time I had the salted caramel. Oh my! Loved that one! Since I live out of town, it's awfully difficult to choose because you won't be back for some time. If I lived in Austin, it would be disastrous, really!