“3 x Aussie girls from Adelaide ”
Review of Texas Trail Rides

Texas Trail Rides
Ranked #17 of 107 Outdoor Activities in Austin
More attraction details
Owner description: Texas Trail Rides takes pride in offering safe, family friendly, horse back trail rides and Texas outdoor excursions. We specialize in privately guided rides with experienced staff, sound mounts and first class customer service. We would feel honored to have you join us and experience Austin's beautiful hill country, outdoor wildlife and true Texas hospitality. Ride the historic rustic Circle C Ranch, Scenic Lake Austin, or through a Texas Vineyard. Overlook the majestic, downtown skyline during a romantic sunset ride. Or, ride to a fun, family picnic a top one of the ranch's bluffs. You have several Equine Excursions to choose from to design your dream ride. Texas Trail Rides is 12 minutes from down town Austin and rides are offered 7 days a week. So book your unique, truly Texas experience, today.
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely loved it!!! Riding through the beautiful countryside and lake our wrangler Anthony was a great guide, friendly, professional and made the ride fun and enjoyable. Not your standard horse trail ride. I highly recommend this. :) Thanks again from Lauren

Kristina D, Owner at Texas Trail Rides, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2014

You're very welcome, Lauren! I'm so glad that you and your friends enjoyed your trail ride with Anthony. I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to him. If your travels bring you back to Austin in the future, I hope we'll be able to host you again!

Reviewed August 9, 2014

My son has been asking to ride horses, so I found this place online. It was a little difficult to find because there aren't great signs from the highway, but the staff was very helpful on the phone to guide us there for our little buckaroos excursion. My son had a great time brushing the horse, learning about Bo (spelling) and what he ate, did all day, etc. He got to ride a sweet horse on his own and even got to trot a little. He loved it. Our wrangler was very accommodating and reviewed safety information with the riders, while another employee was great to answer my questions as I hung back with my 16 month old. There are lots of animals to see--dogs, cats, goats, sheep, and rabbits. It was a good experience for both my boys.

2  Thank 800KathyD

Hey 800KathyD, thanks so much for the kind review. I'm very happy to read that you and your sons enjoyed your visit. We love sharing our horses with curious kiddos as well as adults -- Bo really enjoys getting visitors too! Once your youngest is a bit older, we'd love to host you all again for a trail ride!

Reviewed August 1, 2014

very funny , very great, this is the fist time i have a chance to ride a horse . Lol ! this will be my best memories here.

Kristina D, Owner at Texas Trail Rides, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Amazing is just what I like to hear! Thanks for the review, Mark123mr. I'm glad you enjoyed everything on your first trail ride. Next time you're looking to ride, I hope you'll come back to see us!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I just took my first trip to Austin. The trip was for work, but since I've never seen the city, I wanted to take an extra day for some exploring. I am an experienced rider and try to get on a horse in every city, state, country, continent I can. Most of the time, I understand that I will just get the basic novice trail ride with tired horses, but when I saw the website for Texas Trail Rides, I was hopeful it would be different and it was! When I arrived on the 350 acre ranch far away from the hustle and bustle of the city, yet close enough to get there w/in a 30 minute drive, I found that I was the only rider on my trip. Jessica was an awesome guide and my handsome boy Ranger was a perfect gentleman. The ride wasn't too fast or too slow and went through some beautiful country that is hard to come by in Los Angeles where I'm from. The entire ride felt personal, friendly, safe and FUN!!!! Thank you Jessica, Ranger, and everyone at Texas Trail Rides for making my first trip to Austin so special. I will be back!

4  Thank ducduc

I'm so glad you enjoyed your ride! This is truly the impression that we like to leave with all of our riders, and I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to Jessica and Ranger. Next time you're in the area, we look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

We had Jessica and she was great. Fun and interesting talk and information. I would recomend anyone in austin to go for this ride. They sure need a better description on how to get there though. A more detailed description. Apart from that 5 star!

Kristina D, Owner at Texas Trail Rides, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Thanks for the awesome review, Restaurant_traveler! I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your trail ride with Jessica, and I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to Jessica. I also appreciate your comments regarding the directions -- I'll keep this in mind going forward. Next time you're in the area, I hope we can do it again! -- Kristina, Owner