“Best activity to do on time off to just get away!!!!”
Review of Texas Trail Rides

Texas Trail Rides
Ranked #17 of 107 Outdoor Activities in Austin
More attraction details
Owner description: Texas Trail Rides takes pride in offering safe, family friendly, horse back trail rides and Texas outdoor excursions. We specialize in privately guided rides with experienced staff, sound mounts and first class customer service. We would feel honored to have you join us and experience Austin's beautiful hill country, outdoor wildlife and true Texas hospitality. Ride the historic rustic Circle C Ranch, Scenic Lake Austin, or through a Texas Vineyard. Overlook the majestic, downtown skyline during a romantic sunset ride. Or, ride to a fun, family picnic a top one of the ranch's bluffs. You have several Equine Excursions to choose from to design your dream ride. Texas Trail Rides is 12 minutes from down town Austin and rides are offered 7 days a week. So book your unique, truly Texas experience, today.
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Texas trail rides has horses with outstanding personalities and behavior. TTR staff are not just people who help guide you in the right direction relating to horses but they become a friend and good company throughout the trail ride experience. The new Circle C ranch is absolutely a gorgeous amount of land. There is interesting wildlife, breathtaking views and relaxing trails. But that doesn't excuse the second location of its amazingness, the original TTR business was at a farm off of 1826. Now that TTR has a bigger better place to do trail rides the still do parties, petting zoos and more at the original location. TTR is definitely one of the best horse ranch and horseback riding experience I have ever had!!!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We booked this up for our last day in Austin so we could get a 'real feel' of texas and it was amazing! Heather, our tour guide, was brilliant and everybody was so lovely to us as 'first time riders' too. So glad we booked this up, was the highlight of our trip :) Thankyou!!

Kristina D, Owner at Texas Trail Rides, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Thanks so much, Sarah! I appreciate you taking the time to leave us with this feedback. It sounds like you had a great time, and I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to Heather. I hope you had a safe journey home -- next time your travels bring you to Texas, I hope you'll be back for another visit!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

The people at Texas Trail Rides were amazing. They went overboard to make sure we had a ride that we will remember for a long, long time. My 6 year old son has Down syndrome and the staff made sure that he received the extra time and consideration to make his ride a highlight of the year (thanks, Misty!). The horses were the best I've ever seen at a trail riding facility, and I've seen a lot. The views were gorgeous and the ride was just the right length. If you are considering a trail ride anywhere in Central Texas, this is the place to do it. You will NOT be disappointed.

2  Thank Sam M
Kristina D, Owner at Texas Trail Rides, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Thanks for the review, Sam! I appreciate you leaving these kind words for us following your recent trail ride here. It's great to read that your son enjoyed his ride, and I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to Misti and the team. I hope you'll come back and see us again sometime; it always brings us pleasure to spread joy and see the smiling faces of families and kids.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

My first impression of Texas Trail Rides was that the quality of their horses exceeded my expectations of trail ride horses. The next thing I noticed was that the horses are actually well cared for! That was a nice surprise. I am an experienced horse person, so I don't usually enjoy "trail rides" because the horses are usually half-dead and improperly cared for and that makes me sad. (My husband booked our ride as a surprise for me.) I was impressed with Texas Trail Rides, they're doing it right out there.

My husband and I both enjoyed our ride very much. The trails we went on were beautiful and our guide was delightful. We also appreciated the fact that it was just us and our guide. We didn't have to join up with any other groups. I loved that!

I have read some other reviews on here and I just want to say to the lady, Kristine B., who complained that they couldn't go faster on her trail ride - I understand wanting to, but if your guide had allowed you guys to run, you probably would have ended up with at least one hurt kid on your hands. Horses can be very unpredictable out in the open like that. No one in their right mind would have let the group of you take off running. You should thank your guide that she/he kept you out of the emergency room that day. I think they give lessons there. If you want to go faster, book a session in the arena and have a lesson! It's a more controlled space and your kids would be able to trot and maybe gallop without the horse getting spooked and running off with your kid to Wimberley.

These folks at Texas Trail Rides know what they're doing. I recommend the trail ride highly whether you are a new rider or an experienced one. It was a wonderful experience and worth every penny! I will definitely be back!

1  Thank Annette C
Kristina D, Owner at Texas Trail Rides, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

We're thrilled that you loved your ride so much, Annette! Thanks for taking the time to review us -- your kind words really mean the world to us. We can't wait to see you again!

All the best,

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Ladies, Gentleman, & Children of "All" ages, I bring to you the adventure of a lifetime. I've ridden with TTR a couple of times before but this latest was simply "Above & Beyond". There concern, compassion, and deep desire to give its patrons the adventure of a lifetime is beyond reproach. They do everything but take the ride for you. :~))) Instruction, safety, comfort, information, and attentiveness are all Grade "A". Their new site out by Driftwood is simply unbelievably fantastic. I had tried to sneak in a ride on Memorial Day week-end. As anybody knows living in Austin, Texas, it always rains on this week-end. Heather, our guide had done a super job of getting us all the way through the ride except for about the last fifteen minutes and maybe a mile or so left. Then the skies opened up and you'd have expected to see Noah come floating by. Heather jumped from her horse and helped my partner off of her horse. I'd had some equestrian experience, so, I was going to forge on. Then Lauren came driving up in her own personal truck, and asked for the safety of all concerned that we please take her truck and drive back. All the while she and Heather walked back. Think that they and the horses were doing the back stroke to get back. So, where do you go to get treated and service like that in today's world? Texas Trail Rides is where, I tell ya. I'll certainly go again and give it a ten plus!!! Wish them utmost of success.

1  Thank Robert T
Kristina D, Owner at Texas Trail Rides, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Wow -- thanks so much, Robert. I appreciate you taking the time to leave us this awesome review. It makes me really proud to see the impression we left you with, but I'm certainly not surprised! Heather and Lauren are great, and I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to each of them. Next time we have a sunny day, I hope you'll come out and join us for another ride!