“The Texas experience i always wanted!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Texas Trail Rides

Texas Trail Rides
Ranked #17 of 95 Outdoor Activities in Austin
More attraction details
Owner description: Texas Trail Rides takes pride in offering safe, family friendly, horse back trail rides and Texas outdoor excursions. We specialize in privately guided rides with experienced staff, sound mounts and first class customer service. We would feel honored to have you join us and experience Austin's beautiful hill country, outdoor wildlife and true Texas hospitality. Ride the historic rustic Circle C Ranch, Scenic Lake Austin, or through a Texas Vineyard. Overlook the majestic, downtown skyline during a romantic sunset ride. Or, ride to a fun, family picnic a top one of the ranch's bluffs. You have several Equine Excursions to choose from to design your dream ride. Texas Trail Rides is 12 minutes from down town Austin and rides are offered 7 days a week. So book your unique, truly Texas experience, today.
Orlando, Florida
“The Texas experience i always wanted!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Such a great time was had here at texas trial rides. From the beginning to end, it was a positive, fun, exciting and awesome experience...the real "Texas feel"
Not only did the wrangler robbie look like a cowgirl but she was able all my questions and concerns. i was a first time rider, Robbie knowing this took time and effort to make me feel comfortable on the horse, explain to me all the proper actions required to stop and guide the horse left and right.
anyone thinking of doing a horse ride should come here you get to go on a scenic route that overlooks austin. its beautiful. have fun!!

Medina, Ohio
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Ride When Even the Horses Have Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I took a ride here in the first week of May wen a freak cold front came through, and the owner and the staff couldn't have been more helpful in giving us gloves and extra coats so that our ride would be enjoyable. My wife has very little riding experience and is always a little nervous around horses, but they picked the gentlest calmest horse for her and she had a great time. What really impressed me was the way the horses were cared for. Being a veterinarian, it is obvious when the horses are treated as more than just a machine in the business. The owner had special saddle pads so the horses were as comfortable as we were, and you could just tell that they were part of her family. It showed on the trail as well. Rather than just being on the typical trail horse that plods along right in line with the horse in front of them, just trying to get back to the barn, you could tell these guys would have been happy to keep going for the day. It was one of the best trail rides we have ever been on.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jeff F
Wellington, Florida
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great Trail Ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

If you are looking for a safe , great trail ride this is the place. Whether you are a beginner or experienced rider you will totally enjoy yourself here. I own my own horses and I am a bit nervous about riding unfamiliar horses so When I tell you their horses are safe, trust me they are. The staff is extremely friendly, my trail guide was Scott and he was wonderful, gave tips, taught us a lot was informative and a pleasure to ride with. The trails are wonderful, there is some rugged terrain, open spaces, some dirt roads, not boring at all and the views spectacular. We rode Max and Danny and they were the sweetest horses. I was hesitant when I paid in advance, but these folks are the real deal, down to earth, honest, nothing to complain about here.

Chicago, Illinois
“SO FUN!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

While in Austin for my sisters bachlorette party I planned a trip here to go clay pigeon shooting. Tina was very helpful with all the planning and her shooting crew were great. 11 girls from Chicago all had a blast (no pun intended) and everyone shot at least 1 clay pigeon. I would tell anyone coming to Austin to do this. One side note, you can't wear sandals while shooting so bring boots!

Austin, Texas
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

This place is great! My husband and I originally had planned a ride for sunset on our anniversary but the weather was not cooperating (as in RED on the weather radar, not just a little shower). So without a problem Tina politely offered to reschedule our ride and we had a great time. We were still able to do a perfect evening ride and enjoy the gorgeous countryside. There's a point on top of a hill where you can see downtown Austin but you feel like you're in the middle of nowhere, amazing! The horses are just beautiful and the staff does an amazing job taking care of them. Tina is so ridiculously friendly she makes the experience super neat for any level of rider. This is the place to go if you're looking to get away from city life for a couple of hours (even leave your cell phone in the car...gasp!), and just escape into nature!