“Loads of fun (Beginners)”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Texas Trail Rides

Texas Trail Rides
Ranked #18 of 97 Outdoor Activities in Austin
More attraction details
Owner description: Texas Trail Rides takes pride in offering safe, family friendly, horse back trail rides and Texas outdoor excursions. We specialize in privately guided rides with experienced staff, sound mounts and first class customer service. We would feel honored to have you join us and experience Austin's beautiful hill country, outdoor wildlife and true Texas hospitality. Ride the historic rustic Circle C Ranch, Scenic Lake Austin, or through a Texas Vineyard. Overlook the majestic, downtown skyline during a romantic sunset ride. Or, ride to a fun, family picnic a top one of the ranch's bluffs. You have several Equine Excursions to choose from to design your dream ride. Texas Trail Rides is 12 minutes from down town Austin and rides are offered 7 days a week. So book your unique, truly Texas experience, today.
Houston, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Loads of fun (Beginners)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Highly recommended. We were beginners, and we weren't sure what to expect. Texas Trial Rides was a great way to begin. They match the riders with the various horses they have available, and the trial they have access to is really great. We would definitely do it again.

1 Thank gshu22

Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beautiful trails and wonderful service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband took me on a ride here for my birthday while we were visiting Austin (we're actually planning on moving here soon). I am an experienced rider and I ride endurance trails back home in Oregon. These trails were absolutely breathtaking. I can't wait to come back and ride them again after we finish our move. My husband's a beginner, so we kept the ride calm, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Their customer service was top-notch and our wrangler was really friendly and fun. The horses were happy and healthy and complete sweethearts, but definitely had their own personalities and weren't just trail robots, which was really refreshing to see. We did the ride at sunset, and then they lit a little fire for us when we got back so we could have some wine and look at the stars. It was very romantic and relaxing - this is by far the best guided trail ride experience I've been on! Would definitely recommend it!!

4 Thank traveler29cc
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Giddee up !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

My wife and I had only ever ridden horses once before (a few years back) so we were a bit nervous. The owners picked us a couple of good first timer horses and we the trail was awesome. The last time we did a trail ride at a different place it seemed like the horses were robots just walking in a straight line. But the horses at Texas Trail Rides were different, you could easily be a lazy rider and let the horse walk its course, or they were more than happy to be steered and and controlled. It looked to me like the trail (and the horses) had something for all levels of rider. We had a ball and would certainly recommend the ride to anyone.

P.S. A major plus is these guys actually really care about the horses, and it shows. They are all in excellent condition! They also pointed us in the direction of a traditional texas bbq lunch just down the road!

A must do if your in Texas! If I had kids, I would certainly bring them here to be introduced to horse riding!

1 Thank Mike F
London, United Kingdom
“Best place to ride in Texas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is my fourth time riding at Texas Trail Rides and I love coming back! Tina owns some of the best horses I have ever ridden (Batman and Boone are my personal favourites!) and she has some beautiful Texan countryside to ride on right on her doorstep. I've been riding here with lots of different friends and what's so great about this place is that the horses are suitable for all levels of riders so Tina will find a horse that's perfect for you! Probably my favourite ride is the sunset ride where you can ride up through the trail and there is a beautiful view of downtown Austin which is only 15 minutes away. A perfect way to spend a sunny evening!

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Say Howdy to Tina!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband knows how much I love to ride in the West and even though I am no expert, it gives me such pleasure to be around horses - and the people who love them. We had a beautiful ride/trot for almost 2 hours in a great setting. The great thing about TTR is that your ride will be tailored to you. If you can lope, then you will be with a suitable horse and on a suitable ride. Tina Decker, the owner is as sweet as pecan pie and working hard to build this business without sacrificing the lives of her horses. My only complaint is that the business needs someone to make sure calls and inquiries are handled. I called a few times from my home in NJ and also put an email through TTR website but didn't hear back. I had the concierge at our hotel call and she got through right away and made our reservation. That is just a growing pain for this business, but if you want to take a ride in Austin, persevere.

Visited February 2013