“Authentic Texas Honky Tonk” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Broken Spoke
Portland, Maine
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Authentic Texas Honky Tonk”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

What a great place. Good food (chicken fried steak on paper plates), beer (bottle or pitcher), great music and dancing for those who are willing and able. We were staying in downtown Austin and had to get a cab to get out here, but we were all glad that we did. There was one band in the front and a different one in the back (where the dance floor is). This place dates back to 1949 and there has been little changed since then. Lots of Willy Nelson photos on the wall and those of other notable friends of the Spoke (like Earnest Tubb, Jerry Jeff Walker, Dolly Parton, Kris Kristofferson, etc.). Check out the home-made museum between the front and the back; mementos, photos, etc.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank TravellingMan113

Santorini, Greece
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun Honky Tonk to do some Boot- scooting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Authentic Western Bar, Restaurant and Dancefloor with LIVE Music.
I celebrated my birthday here!! And I would do it again! Loads of fun!
The food is very american, with lots of barbaque-sauce and beans and white bread.

Has a little museum inside of classic country singers hats and pictures of famous persons who visit this little "Honky Tonk".

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jaz K
Columbia, Missouri
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“We went twice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

What a hoot. We had a blast at the Broken Spoke......we had so much fun we returned the next night. The staff was very nice. The highlight was listening to great Country Western music and watching the people dance like there was no tomorrow. SOOOO much fun.

1 Thank TravelgalMissouri
McKinney, Texas
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Food was good, dance hall was fun, service was terrible.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

We were in Fredricksburg for a getaway and my Uncle wanted to hear someone who was playing at the Broken Spoke on Saturday, Feb. 8, 2014. We drove the hour or so drive and ate before the concert. The waitress was good and the food was good. They started selling tickets for the concert so we told one of the waitress that we would be right back that we were going to buy tickets for the concert. We came back and our food was gone. We found out that we told the wrong waitress and that our ticket was up at the cashier. You better remember what table number you were sitting at because they don't give your your ticket they turn it into the cashier and then you tell her what table you were at. When my husband went up to pay they gave him the wrong ticket and he said this is not my ticket. She was very ugly about it and acted like he was trying to get out of paying his bill. He finally got the right one and paid it. He told her they took our food before we were finished etc. and she was not apologetic in the least. I think she is the owner so I guess she doesn't care if she is nice or not! We won't be back again. I guess if you are not from Texas it might be a unique experience for you. Believe me there are alot better place to eat and to go dancing than here. I'm just saying.........

1 Thank Victorialynn1
Bedford, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Brits on Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

We visited, twice, on recommendation as we enjoy live Country Music and we were not disappointed. A nice band played (quietly) in the bar whilst we had our dinner and when we moved into the dancehall, we saw good bands for a very reasonable cover charge. Most enjoyable evenings and parking was fairly easy.

2 Thank Hilary O