“Great atmosphere, brunch”
Review of Roaring Fork

Roaring Fork
Reserve with OpenTable
Roaring Fork is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 3,754 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between The Domain and Arboretum
Description: The Roaring Fork captures the spirit of bold American cuisine matched with a contemporary Western ambiance and unmatched service, creating upscale flavors that crackle with a rugged edge. Select from lamb, chicken, beef, pork and fresh fish entrees all perfectly prepared by wood fire rotisserie, open flame grill or wood oven roasting.
Austin, Texas
“Great atmosphere, brunch”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Always a nice atmosphere with the view of Quarry Lake. Food is good overall, and the recently revised brunch menu is really good! Great place to take company, though depending on the time of day, the bar can be pretty noisy. Best time to go? On a really nice day so you can sit outside - a favorite for us Austinites!

• Visited November 2012

Austin, Texas
“Not As Good As Reviewers Say”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

For those who say "the best food I've ever eaten," you need to discover other restaurants in Austin, TX. Expectations were high because of the reviews here. Atmosphere was nice. Liked the woodsmoke aroma at the entry. But hard to say much about the food. Everything (except for the cedar planked salmon) was either overcooked/undercooked or bland. And $41 (price not listed on the menu) for a tough, chewy sirloin - you must be kidding! I've had better steak at a friend's BBQ! Can't disquise a bad steak with woodsmoke & spice. Kettle of green chili pork - like plain old pot roast. Fried avocado & crab - just okay. Green chili mac & cheese - boring. Steak mushrooms - well, I can make better. Worst of all, the creme brulee was grainy with a much-too-thick carmelized sugar topping - yuck! Wine was good. Our waiter (Jason) was attentive. Overall: disappointing and too pricey for a mediocre meal.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Cheetah1011
Buda, Texas
“Don't miss the green chili mac 'n cheese...”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

...which was really just one unusually good element of a *very* enjoyable lunch. My wife and I visited on a cool, breezy Saturday in October -- a little too cool to sit out on the deck overlooking a small lake -- and were completely delighted with the experience.

The welcome and service were friendly and efficient; the restaurant itself is stylish-modern with lots of large windows and an open kitchen. My wife really enjoyed her shrimp-and-avocado salad, which followed a superb tortilla soup (not the usual chicken soup with tortilla strips, but a far more sophisticated treatment with several layers of flavor); I had a caesar salad/sauteed trout combination from their "Texas Two-step" small-plates section of the menu -- a mix-and-match section well worth considering -- and was delighted. That green chili mac and cheese is actually quite a sophisticated offering, with pureed spinich, pepper jack cheese, a bit of heat from black pepper too, and a *terrific* flavor. Wine choices were numerous and varied -- not the usual Tyranny of Chardonnay by any means -- and covered a wide price range. Other menu items included some tempting seafood, roast chicken, pizzas, and steaks, all done on a wood fire and all worth another visit sometime.

One particularly nice feature is that lunch service continues through 4 PM. The restaurant is actually rather large, but is divided into two separate spaces (both with windows and a nice view) so it does not feel crowded or cavernous.

We get to Austin once or twice a year, and will definitely put Roaring Fork into our regular rotation --

• Visited October 2012
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Best Meal, Best Service I've had in FOREVER!!!!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The location was very convenient for my business meeting. The smoky aroma as I walked in the door had me immediately mesmerized. Our waiter was prompt, and on his game without being intrusive to our business lunch. We ordered guacamole and a hot cheesy dip called Queso con Puerco, that is probably the best hot dip I've ever eaten in my life. Ahhhhhhhhmazing!! I had fish tacos and shared a watermelon salad. It was all fantastic. Cannot wait to return. On my top five list of fave restaurants.

• Visited September 2012
Little Rock, Arkansas
“beautiful spot -- indoor or out”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I was taken here for a business lunch. Beautiful place with a few different seating options, but all with tree-shaded views of the quarry lake. Running trail passes by as well, so even fun to watch the people passing through the wooded location. Upon entering, the smell of woodsmoke hit me and invited me in for a great meal. Delicious salads and an order of guacamole. Service was good, attentive and anticipatory. When we realized we were running a bit late, the server moved quickly to get us on our way with no trouble at all.

• Visited September 2012