“Nice neighborhood restaurant”

Cross street: W 47th Street
Austin, Texas
“Nice neighborhood restaurant”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My wife and I recently visited Gusto for a weeknight dinner. The restaurant has done a nice job of providing enticing indoor and outdoor seating. Clientele was clearly "neighborhood" with a good mix of children, young and old. It was clear from the conversations around us that several of the visitors on that night were regulars. That's always a good sign.

The wine list was nice but not exceptional. It had a strong tendency towards wines done in an old world style. That's not necessarily surprising at an Italian restaurant however I would have preferred more stylistic variety.

The wait staff were pleasant and friendly. We were seated rapidly and well served. Our waiter was not particularly knowledgeable about wine. He was otherwise pleasant and helpful however more wine experience would have been nice. At least in terms of the wine list.

Service was quick. The food was good, well prepared, honest food but didn't have much in terms of creativity. It's about what you would expect from a neighborhood restaurant.

Overall the experience was good. If I were in the neighborhood, I would stop by again but I wouldn't make a special trip just for Gusto.

Austin, Texas
“Good food, nice atmosphere, excellent waitstaff”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Recent visit on the recommendation of a friend. Bacon pizza with artichokes was very good. I prefer think crispy crust and that's what was served. Others had salmon, cipoinni, and shrimp. Everyone in our party was pleased with their meal. Deserts were very good as well. Waitstaff and who I'm certain was the owner were very friendly and attentive. Will certainly recommend it to others in the future.

Austin, Texas, United States
“Nice patio, great wine list, dog friendly”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Wonderful food, wine and cozy Rosedale neighborhood atmosphere. Families, couples of all ages, and dogs on leash enjoyed the patio and great food on a recent Friday night. Gusto's is the type of restaurant with a local feel and international flavor. We will be back! Did I say great wine list?

• Visited May 2014
Beaumont, Texas
“Great Sunday Brunch!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My husband and I visited Gusto's for Sunday Brunch and thoroughly enjoyed it. From the moment we walked through the door we were made to feel welcome. The entire staff was very friendly, and our server, John, was most attentive. Kudos to head chef, Jeanise, and her assistant, Justin, for the excellently prepared food choices. The pork tenderloin was so moist and tender and just melted in our mouths. There were several salad choices that were all very good and I really enjoyed the fresh cantaloupe with mint, rosemary potatoes, and the pasta dish. The brussel sprouts....oh the brussel sprouts...they were out of this world! Dessert was good as well, with tiramisu, chocolate torte, fresh strawberries and raspberries, and a delicious whipped cream. The place has good ambiance and the decor is very interesting. We will definitely visit again the next time we are in town.

1 Thank Carmen724
Jackson, Mississippi
“Funky neighborhood atmosphere, Good food”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Had a very good Tuna salad nicoise there. Pizza looked good. On a busy street so the outdoor patio was noisy. Funky interior but enjoy the food and ignore the decor.

Visited March 2014