“Best ice cream.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I can only say, this is probably the best ice cream I have ever had. I don't say that lightly because I love ice cream more than any other desert. The mexican vanilla ice cream was a nearly perfect vanilla ice cream, and with the mix in of cake, it was incredible. Had I discovered this my first day in Austin, I would have been there every night. It really ranks right up there among the best, and the selection of mix ins and flavors was interesting. I cannot recommend this place more highly than that. The staff answered questions, gave samples, and recommendations. It was incredible.

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Do you like ice cream? Right... Who doesn't!? ;) Amy's is listed on many Austin tourist "to-do" lists so it's another place that can have a super long line at any time. However, it's worth the wait!

Popular flavor: mexican vanilla

I also overheard the lady in front of me say that the beer flavored ice cream was really good too!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I've eaten a lot of ice cream, but Amy's is the best I've ever had. It's Coldstone-style, with the flavors and mix-ins, but the quality is SO good!!!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Hard to say as the intangibles such as the bathroom weren't that nice nor was the place sylish enough to make such a bold statement. All I know is that I have been to many excellent rated ice cream shops in several states and the taste, quality and entertainment quality couldn't be beat. (That was a pun.) We got to experience a birthday scoop and I'll never forget the kid across 3 lanes of traffic catching his scoop. INCREDIBLE!
We went there 2x while in Austin and will be at the top of the list next time we are there.
My helpful tip for you is to park around back where it is free and go in the back door. 8-)

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Good selection of flavors and fun. We prefer Lick for more interesting flavors on South Lamar. But this is your standard ice cream parlor.