“Very thin walls.”

Ranked #26 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Salinas, California
“Very thin walls.”
Reviewed February 17, 2011

We stayed at this hotel because I hadn't read any reports about this hotel being noisy.
The first night the room next to ours was having a party--horrible loud music! At 10 pm. I called the front desk to complain. I could hear the phone ring in the loud room. The music was turned off instantly and I got a call back from the front desk. She said if I heard anything else she would ask them to leave. We could hear the party leave and my husband said they will be back at 3 am. He was right. The walls are thin. We also heard our neighbors on the other side of us---way more than I wanted to hear.

They have a pretty good free breakfast and also offer an outside terrace to eat it on. All the downtown hotels are not that far away so when we go back to Austin I will just use price-line or hot-wire and get the cheapest place with 3 or 4 stars.

We used the $1 bus to travel back and forth from the airport. That was a good deal and easy. We didn't need a car because my daughter lives in Austin. We did walk to the Capital building and Texas History Museum. (about 20 min.)

The only reason I would not recommend this hotel to a friend is because of the thin walls.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Korean first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 8, 2011

The staff here is very accommodating and friendly. The hotel is in a fantastic downtown location and there are a lot of amenities including an expansive complimentary buffet and a happy hour from Mon-Th and free wi-fi! The 3 former things ALMOST made me forget about the 24$/night for parking, which is absolutely absurd and amounts to close to 30$ with tip if you plan on getting your car out each day. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay and appreciated the staff.

• Stayed February 2011
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 31, 2011

Hampton Inns And Suites Austin is one of the nicer hotels I've stayed in. Checkin was quick, easy, and accurate. The room was sparkling clean and large with two double beds and very comfortable matresses.

We thoroughly enjoyed the complimentary happy hour after spending all day shopping for houses in the Austin area. The front desk gave us a good recommendation on a restaurant for that evening, among the many restaurants that are within walking distance of the hotel. The next morning's complimentary breakfast was excellent: waffles, eggs, bacon, cinnamon rolls and much, much more.

Check out was fast and accurate. The front desk staff was helpful in suggesting ways to maximize our Hilton points next time. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Only downside: the $200+ per night price not including parking. This looks not out of the ordinary for downtown Austin, but was more than we were hoping to pay.

All in all though, would we stay there on our next trip to Austin? Probably, it's a great place to stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
sierra foothills CA
Reviewed January 22, 2011

When I was younger 'bout 2 weeks younger than today
I was going to Austin and needed a place to stay
But now I'm home again and writing a review
Now I avow, everything I say, is absolutley true

Help me if you can I'm going down
And I do appreciate the close walk to town
Help me the dollar drinks are making me drown
Won't you please, please hear me

And now the hotel happy hour is oh so very dear
You get free munchies, water, wine and beer
But the morning comes and it's a great breakfast
Free wifi, comfortable bed, and a pleasant staff

Trust me if you can I'm gettin' down
If you want good bbq Salt Lick is north of town
Believe me when I say here you should stay
Won't you please, please here pay

here pay, here pay, oooohhh

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 22, 2010

The hotel is definitely the cutest Hampton Inn I've stayed in. It has a New Orleans feel to it, with a great lobby. It's a great area super close to 6th Street where there are a ton of restaurants, bars, and shopping. We did have loud neighbors beside us, but that's no fault of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 9, 2010

This was my first time to Austin, so I really didn't know where to stay. So I got a good rate at the Hampton Inn and stayed there. I had a king suite which was a very large room with sitting area, bar area with frig, and separate bathroom sink from the shower area. I would of enjoyed bigger pillows on the bed thou. You get this big king bed and then the small pillows just don't match quite well. Plus I prefer larger pillows to sleep with. The staff at the front desk was always helpful and polite. If your hungry, there are plenty of nearby eating places to choose from. Would I stay here again? if the rate was good again, I sure would.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Kanpur
Reviewed November 18, 2010

Stayed in Hampton Inn and suites for a convention in Austin Texas. Located in Downtown very close to convention centre with reasonable size rooms, Good TV , Coffee maker . Value for money as includes free hispeed internet and breakfast. Swimming pool is small although I did not use it. Morning breakfast is reasonable . Lobby is small . You can get a free drink in the evening at Managers reception.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business