Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
1,125 results
All reviewsconvention centergreat locationpf changsvalet parkinghappy hourwithin walking distancefree breakfastthe breakfast areaking suitevalet servicesixth streetaustin downtowntwo blocksfront desk staffper daythe congressmini fridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 10, 2008

Stayed at the Hampton Inn for 3 nights while attending convention. Great location - only 1 block from convention center. Very nice Hampton - got upgraded to corner room. Large room w/refrigerator, coffee pot & microwave. Free happy hour (beer, wine and snacks). Typical Hampton free breakfast. Lots of restaurants within walking distance - PF Changs right across the street, Melting Pot around corner, Flemings steak house 1 block away). This hotel was not one of the "official" convention hotels - but was much closer to convention center than others. Paid $189/night (which isn't bad for a down town hotel). Hotel was full (due to convention and Hurricane evacuees from Houston) - but services still first rate. Definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2008

My friend and I stayed here in September while attending our annual board meeting which was located in a resort way out of town. Being familiar with Austin I wanted to be in the thick of the best nightlight and great restaurants and didn't want to have to drive. You can't beat this location at 2nd and San Jacinto, you are with 3 to 8 blocks of all of Austin's downtown nightlife and there is lots of it. As far as the hotel, the rooms are freshly and tastefully decorated with new beds and they are very comfortable with nice linens and plenty of comfy pillows. The bathroom could be a little bigger but it is no means small and the plumbing is all updated and in good working order and very clean, plenty of towels. We were on the 9th floor, and there was no noise either from the hallway (and we were close to the elevator) as well as from outside so the rooms must be well insulated. There is no Wi-Fi on the upper floors but there is FREE high-speed internet by an Ethernet cable right on the desk and plenty of plug ins for your computer and electronic equipment. Overall it's a 9+, the only upsetting thing was the vending machines. The soda/water vending machine on our floor didn't work the 2 days we were there even after a call to the front desk, the one on the 8th floor dispensed wrong items and this is frustrating when you want a diet Coke and get a Dr. Pepper. The hotel needs to jack-up their vending service provider. I did think that for a Hampton Inn the price of nearly $200 a night was a little steep, but considering the location and the nice amenities I wouldn't call it a great value but, competitive with other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2008

We stayed at The Hampton Inn for 1 night in September 2008.

The hotel was easy to find and drive too, being just off the interstate, and parking was easy too. We used the valet parking at $18, which was easy, efficient and quick, but there was also adjacent self-parking at $14, although this is not associated with or recommended by the hotel.

Our room was spacious, clean and well-appointed, with a large and well-equipped bathroom. We slept very well and thought that the hotel represented very good value for a city stay at a weekend.

Location-wise we were very handy for all of the sights. We walked up to the Capitol and Texas Museum during the day, found our way to the evocative bar in the Driscoll late afternoon, and then walked a short distance to see the famous Austin bats in the early evening. From the hotel it was a short walk later to find a choice of bars & restaurants in the evening.

Sad to say, we treated ourselves to a lie-in so missed breakfast!

In summary, if you are visiting Austin then The Hampton Inn is a good quality/high value hotel, well located, well appointed and well worth a stay.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Seamo
Reviewed August 18, 2008

Like many other reviewers, I found this property to be outstanding for what it is-- a Hampton Inn. Rooms seems to be larger than typical Hampton Inns; I suspect this is due to the fact that the property appears to be a conversion from an older, full-service property.

One thing I liked is that the hotel offers room service from P.F. Chang's and Fleming's-- both of which are right across the street.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank HKG_Flyer1
Reviewed August 10, 2008

Everything in Austin was sold out for the first night I was in town, and I thought I'd settle for the Hampton Inn for the location and price. Both were great, but the real surprise was when I got there.

The lobby was much nicer than I expected from the brand. The staff were incredibly helpful, immediately knowing that a package had arrived for me as soon as I said my name.

The room was one of the cleanest I've ever seen, and much larger than I expected for a downtown hotel. The bathroom was huge too, and everything was very well thought out.

The TV was nicer than I expected as well, though I barely watched it, and the refrigerator was an unexpected touch.

The location was a pleasant walk to 6th St, the Convention Center, and there was plenty of parking nearby. I didn't realize until I checked out, but there's also a lot of good food right near the hotel. I loved the South American cuisine place that was a block away.

The only downside was the pool, but it's a downtown hotel, and I didn't have time to use it while it was open, but it was tiny. One of the smallest pools I've ever seen. As a downtown hotel, at least they have one, but it was really, really small.

Great hotel though, great staff, great location, and for the cost-conscious traveler I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business