First, our beds were comfy, our room quiet so we slept well. A warm breakfast served each morning gave us a good start to the day. Coffee and tea available all day was essential when we returned to our hotel after a day of sightseeing and needed to revive. The decor of the hotel made us feel like we were in Texas....., liked that.
The cons....received our bill and found we were charged for two nights parking....we had no car! Our room keys stopped working and had to be replaced three times, even though I had kept mine in its paper envelope in my wallet so not much chance of it being demagnetized, a nuisance when you had to wait for elevator and ride up 12 floors twice to get into room. Also corners in bathroom were dirty....maid service needs to be checked up on. And although checkout was at noon...maid kept knocking insistently on door starting at 9am...went to door several times to tell her we were still there. She couldn't speak English so couldn't converse with her to tell her what time we were leaving. A lot of construction in area made walking difficult but still possible. I fell once and have cuts on elbow and knee, and a dirty dress to show for it. You have to be very careful if you're walking rather than driving. As most of what we were visiting...Blanton art museum, Texas history museum, Capital building, and LBJ library were 9-12 blocks north of the hotel, if I were to do it all again, I'd stay north of 6th Street. We did see the bats from Congress st. bridge and that was close to hotel. As was the SoCo shopping district (which we didn't enjoy) . It's was also fairly close to 6th St. which was an interesting experience on Friday night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Downtown hotel is the perfect location to help you enjoy your downtown Austin activities. Austin is known as the 'Live Music Capitol of the World,' and we help you enjoy it by placing you right next to Sixth Street as well the University of Texas Austin and the Texas State Capitol. Our hotel brings a New Orleans style to Texas with our Bourbon Street style, fitting right in with the "Keep Austin Weird" theme. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Downtown Hotel Austin
- Hampton Inn And Suites Austin Downtown
- Hampton Inn Austin
- Austin Hampton Inn