“Excellent location - just hard to find...”

Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Downtown
Ranked #29 of 200 Hotels in Austin
Lehigh Valley, PA
“Excellent location - just hard to find...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two nights over the July 4th holiday. Great location close to all the action and the Convention Center. Walked to Auditorium Shores park for the concert and fireworks on the 4th. Clean, quite room, courteous staff, and a great complimetary breakfast. The free Wi-Fi is also a plus.
My only complaint was the lack of signage on the street made the hotel difficult to find...I drove past it 3 times before I realized where it was. Also, the valet parking charge is a bit steep ($25/day) but the valet staff was very accomodating and the text service they have to notifiy them when you need your car is very efficient! I was able to get access to my car easily any time night or day.

2 Thank Nebbsters

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Korean first
Suwanee, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

The plumbing of this hotel was horrible and didn't get fixed promptly when staff was notified. I heard other people complaining about their toilets not flushing and the story they were told at 5pm in the afternoon was maintenance was gone for the day and they would have to deal with it tomorrow. How can you deal with a toilet not flushing in a hotel room tomorrow?!?! Our tub didn't drain properly for 2 days. The hotel made really high pitched noises in the bathroom area when nobody was in there. Sounding like water going through pipes in a really odd fashion...squeaking through.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jennifer T, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Downtown, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. I apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, I hope you will consider staying with us again.
San Antonio TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

good...although we are very unhappy about losing the brand new slippers. Otherwise, everything was within an acceptable range. We would enjoy staying in downtown Austin again as we think there is alot to enjoy there.

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel using my Hhonors points for 1 night before flying out of Austin Airport the next morning. We figured it would be nice to be staying near downtown instead of having to drive into the city for dinner/nightlife. The room was very nice on the 8th floor with a view of the pool. Check in was a bit confusing as we pulled up the hotel (which is Valet Parking only) and waited and waited. I finally went inside to check in and left my wife with the car. Check-in was prompt and I borrowed a cart to load our bags. After finishing unpacking the car, my wife walked to the valet stand. Only then did they ask if we were checking in. Excuse me? You were standing here watching me unpack the car. There were only 2 other cars parked outside, neither of which were driven away to the lot while I was unpacking. OK, so the hotel can't be totally blamed for valet. We settled in, cleaned up and headed out to 6th street for dinner and entertainment. When we returned to get some sleep for our flight the next morning, there was a party going on in the 8th floor hallway. A chugging contest with a bottle of Crown Royal was involved (at least they had taste in alcoholic beverages). I was ready to call the front desk, however the soundproofing of the doors is impressive as we did not hear anything inside the room. The next morning, besides being unable to find a luggage cart and the front desk attendant ignoring me to talk to his friend the airport shuttle driver and our bill not being ready, checkout and valet was sufficient.
We stayed here to be closer to downtown. In the future, I think we'd rather stay at one of the airport hotels for less and pay the $10 to park downtown. Only redeeming factor was that I didn't have to pay for the room since I used points I had sitting in my account.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

The rooms were well appointed and quiet. All the staff was helpful and the Internet service worked great. The breakfast was okay if you like cereal and powdered eggs although the did have turkey sausage which was pretty good. Coffee and juices were great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Brossard, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a convention that was happening at the convention center across the street. Was very happy with the hotel even if it was not the convention hotel. Had a large room for almost the same price as the regular room and still the price was lower that with the group rate at the convention suggested hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very please with this hotel. Spacious rooms and modern bathroom facilities. The lobby area was very comfortable - with complimentary breakfast each morning. Managers drinks on selected weekday afternoons were a pleasant surprise after a long day in meetings.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business